Contributor

Shipping is getting slower and i'm done

i have been a loyal customer for 20 years but i think i have reached my limit. today is my grandaughters birthday and the gift i ordered for her 9 days ago is still not here....not even close. the shipping has been getting worse and worse for a couple of years now. sometimes i order something and 5 or 6 days later log in to track it only to find out it hasn't even shipped yet. from mail to ups, or ups to mail....so through with it all. 8 days for some makeup and it is not here yet? i could have literally walked from ovc to california and got it here sooner. pretty much done with the Q. hsn is faster and amazon is awesome.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Shipping is getting slower and i'm done

@horsecrazylady  Hi,  I am so sorry that the gift was not received in time.  let me take a look at the order and I'll email you directly.

My apologies, I understand how frustrating this can be!

Susan Q-Social

Respected Contributor

I can promise you one thing for sure: once you decide to quit using the Q and find other outlets for obtaining gifts and things for yourself, you will wonder what took you so long.  Once in a great while I'll order from the Q, but I'm expecting it to take 14 days to arrive so I'm not frustrated.  If it's something I need, I just don't use the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

So true, we are seeing this more and more on these forums.  What baffles me is the tracking.  I've literally had packages bypass my state go half way across the country then back again.  Really?????

Honored Contributor

Yeah, they need to do something about processing of orders and amp up their pc tech help.  Probably a budget thing.

If I see something I like in clothes I just order and sit back and not worry about it because I know it's gonna take awhile. Those of us who don't have many places to shop in person all we can do.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSalwrote:

So true, we are seeing this more and more on these forums.  What baffles me is the tracking.  I've literally had packages bypass my state go half way across the country then back again.  Really?????

I also thought my packages were taking  ridiculous trips to areas unknown. 

However, according to the Post Master at our branch:  Actually it is NOT your package itself bouncing around.  It is the electronic tracking info being sent to hubs.  Info is sent to regional offices and sorting centers, often several scans back and forth.

Sometimes my tracking shows OH, then NY, then back to OH again, then right past me to the next city...etc.

My package isn't making those extra trips....only electronic information is.

Respected Contributor

Once an item gets to the shipper, it seems that QVC would no longer have control over it. I’m not talking about the time it takes to process orders - just the shipping part.

I say this because after years of smooth sailing at Amazon, I started having some bizarre shipping/delivery problems. From that experience, it seems that shippers answer to no one - not even the mighty Amazon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon and there 3rd party nonsense, I ordered two clothing items from them and I found out that  they are going to be sent from China. I do not do China. I called the 3rd party and asked to not have the items shipped out since they were not in shipment mode as of yet. They said no problem .. I got a email saying that it was shipped out. I decided I will not except these items when they come. And if no one is home at my house I will return them at UPS myself. I did not know that they were sold and coming from China until after I ordered these things. Very underhanded.  I do not want to get off topic O/P at least Susan from the Q will help you. I never had this problem with QVC I mean I never had a order take that  long. Good luck to you I hope that you get that order soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@ Montanawrote:

Once an item gets to the shipper, it seems that QVC would no longer have control over it. I’m not talking about the time it takes to process orders - just the shipping part.

I say this because after years of smooth sailing at Amazon, I started having some bizarre shipping/delivery problems. From that experience, it seems that shippers answer to no one - not even the mighty Amazon. 

Amen to that! Check out my post below.Woman Mad

Trusted Contributor

@ Montanawrote:

QVC does have some "control".   They obviously choose the very cheapest shipping method available though they are charging us for the shipping.   If they would use UPS ground or just regular mail instead of that ridiculous "innovations" handoff it would help a LOT.