Respected Contributor

Shipping is Slowing Down Again!

I have 8 items that are still "Preparing Your Order" and not shipped yet.  My orders had been coming quickly; now things are slowing down.  Why?  I hope they are not coming from that California Ontario distribution center.  They are always very slow.  I am surprised since Mother's Day is next Sunday.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Shipping is Slowing Down Again!

It certainly is.   And this latest shipping slowdown can't be blamed on Covid.  Once an unshipped purchase goes past the estimated delivery date or one week, whichever is shorter, QVC should notify the customer and offer the option to cancel order OR continue the order with free shipping comped.

Esteemed Contributor

Processing returns is very bad as well.  Using a qvc label, qvc had no tracking information.  

Customer service is part of a positive shopping experience.  Qvc is forgetting this.

Esteemed Contributor

At least in my experience, processing and shipping speeds still appear to be tied to the item and/or vendor. Fashion items seem to be pretty slow no matter who is shipping them unless you're buying "as is," and kitchen items seem to be sent almost immediately no matter who is shipping them. And since I'm on the west side of the country, the Ontario site is fantastic for my needs; I get things much more quickly than I used to.

But regardless of the location, my orders have not been delayed at all (and I swear I'm not trying to rub it in!)—during the free shipping event on Sunday, I ordered an "as is" top and the Shark TSV, and both were delivered today after a missed truck prevented them from being delivered yesterday as originally scheduled. (FWIW, the top came from CA and the Shark was sent all the way across the country from PA.)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm still waiting on a rug I ordered over two weeks ago. There has been no tracking update since April 24. It seems to be stuck in Columbiana SC.

Customer Service said they could send me another one but then when the original one finally does arrive, I don't wanna be stuck with having to lug the first shipment (a heavy rug) to the post office to ship it back. Plus I don't have time for that.

Respected Contributor

I can not say I have noticed a problem.

I do not follow the tracking process, I just order and it shows up on my door.

Most shipping and distro companies in my area are EXTREMELY short-staffed because you can make easy money sitting at home.

Why work when you can get money for free.

Trusted Contributor

I have noticed the same thing.

I placed an order for two sets of Roberta's Hanging Wire Baskets on April 16th.  When I placed my order, it did not state that it was an advanced order or anything like that.  The baskets have been "in process" since that day.  It won't allow me to cancel them, which is completely unfair.  I ordered these four planters for a very specific reason and now I'm stuck without them.  I ordered a tremendous amount of annuals from my girls' plant sale at their school and they are being picked up tonight.  The baskets are for Bounce Impatiens that are to be hung in a certain area of my backyard.  Now I have to hope that I can keep the flowers alive in their containers for who knows how long.  I really don't want to have to go to Home Depot and buy more  when I've already spent the money on these. 

It says they are supposed to be delivered by Wednesday.  I don't know how that's possible when they haven't even shipped yet. 

Esteemed Contributor

I got a refund on my Credit card for my payment on a garden tool I bought  April 23......it was supposed to be delived by tomorrow

Still in "preparing your order"....

Honored Contributor

14 days and counting and it still has not shipped.  Is QVC serious?  I would think they would contact me about the delay but they sure contact me if I have too many returns with their generic letter.  The thing is the Q has my money already.

kindness is strength

Totally agree on many of these comments.  It is really becoming frustrating that once they change the order status to 'Preparing Order' no changes can be made to the order like cancelling it, if you get tired of waiting for it!!     I have a couple of Beekman items that indicate they shipped from the infamous Ontario, CA warehouse, then to Georgia, then back to Ontario, CA and now it reads "Due to Circumstances Beyond our Control the Order is Delayed"!!!   Returns seem to go into a black hole in the atmosphere somewhere.    I had a return that was 4+ weeks and they had not line of sight to  it, and this is using the prepaid label!   I finally called CS and indicated the items that had been returned and the CSR refunded my money right then.   What craziness is happening there??   Not the reliable home shopping network they used to be.   VERY UNHAPPY with their service.