Valued Contributor

There is an "As Is" item for $7.50 shipping.  I hope this is an exception, and not the rule.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping increased to $7.50

It looks like shipping has gone up on everything here.

Honored Contributor

If that's true you might see a decrease in QVC stock because I'll stop ordering so much!  Ha!  I admit I order too much stuff from QVC mainly.  I'm getting tired of paying for the shipping when I buy two things at the same time only different colors and it's still $3 each...then if they don't fit I have to pay $6.95 to return them.

Ugh!  This would be the breaking point for me.  Too bad Amazon Prime doesn't sell clothes.  I'm spoiled not paying for shipping.  So many things have free shipping.  

I just ordered a case of 24 cans of prescription cat food for my boy (Bill) and the shipping was free.

QVC shipping is a rip off.

It's so not funny when the hosts make a really big deal that on a garment (or item) FREE SHIPPING.....

Valued Contributor

I don't know why shipping charges are so high and gas prices have come down.  I think the Q is making up for the Free Shipping Day by increasing shipping costs.

Honored Contributor

What kind of item is it.  There have been $7.50 s/h items in as is.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carol08 wrote:

There is an "As Is" item for $7.50 shipping.  I hope this is an exception, and not the rule.

"Increased to $7.50" from what@Carol08

$7.50 would be the standard S&H on some items, and a decrease on others.

I seriously doubt you, or anyone else thinks they took an item that typically ships for $3.00 or $5.00, and jacked it up to $7.50 when it qualified for 'As is'.

Show me the "increase".

Respected Contributor

I believe Amazon Prime does sell clothes and some may have free returns.  Re shpg. charges -- yesterday I saw an item on clearance or last clicks that was selling at approx.  $6 and shipping was $5.50.  Now that's outrageous.  

Respected Contributor

Without specifics, all this sputtering is just a lot of misplaced saliva.

We have to know what the item is. Is it large, breakable? Does it require extra packing? Extra handling, possibly? Outsized? ORM-D? Additional insurance on their end?

Are they charging a lesser rate of postage on the new items and a higher rate on the same items in as-is condition? If so, item numbers, please.

Respected Contributor

No matter where you shop, if the S&H is too much, don't buy the item.  Go to a brick and morter store and save the money.  No one forces us to purchase items.  I shop Costco.com, Amazon Prime, HSN and Goat Milk Stuff.  S&H are free for the most part.  I refuse to pay this out of control shipping fees.  If I do ship I have found in my area, using FEDEX is cheaper.  I rarely use USPS.

Honored Contributor

@Carol08What was the item and what was the shipping before it was increased?

The price could be high or it could be right on target.  I wouldn't want to pay that for an as-is handbag, maybe, but you could just as well be talking about something heavy and/or awkward.  Tell us more please.