Respected Contributor

Shipping from CA to East Coast is Horrendous!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited ]

Yet again, my merchandise is sitting in Ontario and LA for 5 days without moving.  I was supposed to receive this today and know it will be at least another week until I see anything.  Other items that came from PA I received yesterday, never a problem, I receive mostly everything from PA  within the timeframe given.  Why oh why do you send people who live on the East Coast clothing from the CA warehouse?  It takes at least 2-3 weeks to get anything. This is just unbelievable.   The problems with the warehouses in CA were supposed to be fixed months ago.  Just incredible to me how a multi mlllion dollar company can operate so poorly.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping from CA to East Coast is Horrendous!!!!!!!!!

@lovesallanimals.  I get many of my orders from the Ontario warehouse and I've never had anything sit anywhere for 5 days.  In fact, I normally receive them in 3 days.  The reason your order shipped from there is that that's where they had your merchandise.  I hate it when my orders ship from Lancaster and sit at UPS in Hodgkins, Il for 3 or 4 days.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

@lovesallanimalsAn order shipped on 8/15 and was supposed to arrive yesterday but I just checked and it's still sitting in Ontario, CA.

Also, I dropped off a few returns at the post office on 8/10 and they are still sitting at that same post office with a message that says: "USPS in possession of the item".

I have no idea what's been going on with the mail system lately.

QVC Customer Care

@lovesallanimals  I apologize for the delay. We can take a look at your order to see if we can shed some light on the tracking. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. On a good note, our Bethlehem warehouse is getting closer to being up and running. This should lessen shipping times. Cindy

Respected Contributor

As bad as the shipping is when we order, it's no better when we return.  I returned a package to qvc on 7/16 and the return status is unavailable so guess I'll be on the phone trying to find out where the heck it is.  Good thing I have the usps receipt.  I have never seen such a poorly run company anywhere, anytime.  It is unbelievable to me that they remain in business and if any company should have mail orders down to a science, it's this one!

Valued Contributor

@loveour4legged friends:  Now you people on the East Coast can know what it has been like these past 25 years waiting to get the orders out of PA!  I live near Ontario, CA and get my orders in 1 or 2 days MAX.....the problem is not with the warehouse in Ontario but the cheapest way QVC ships our merchandise to us....the onus is on QVC.

Respected Contributor

@Cindy-QVC wrote:

@lovesallanimals  I apologize for the delay. We can take a look at your order to see if we can shed some light on the tracking. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com. On a good note, our Bethlehem warehouse is getting closer to being up and running. This should lessen shipping times. Cindy

Cindy-Qvc:  Thank you for your help.  Just checked and it is now closer to my area.  I think that the other posters who have no problem with Ontario, live closer to that part of the country but as you are well aware, for us on the East Coast it has been awful.  So happy to see that the Bethlehem warehouse will be up and running soon as I receive everything promptly from there.  Again, thank you.

Honored Contributor

I suppose we'll have another huge delay and crisis when they move into the Bethlehem warehouse and try to get the equipment they'll undoubtedly use to work correctly.  I'm guessing we'll still have that huge UPS bottleneck in Hodgkins, IL.  I think UPS is a big part of the problem.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I live in Northern CA and find the shipping from the East Coast to CA is also frustrating.  Something shipped on August 14 and left Hodgkins on the 20th.  UPS My choice says it will be delivered today, but it won't.  EDD is the 27th, so my best guess is sometime between Saturday and the end of August.

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

Yet again, my merchandise is sitting in Ontario and LA for 5 days without moving.  I was supposed to receive this today and know it will be at least another week until I see anything.  Other items that came from PA I received yesterday, never a problem, I receive mostly everything from PA  within the timeframe given.  Why oh why do you send people who live on the East Coast clothing from the CA warehouse?  It takes at least 2-3 weeks to get anything. This is just unbelievable.   The problems with the warehouses in CA were supposed to be fixed months ago.  Just incredible to me how a multi mlllion dollar company can operate so poorly.

Shoekitty said

i hear you!  My stuff always lingers in San Pablo or Newark, ca. This is when it ships usps.  If ups I never know.  Sometimes it comes on time and sometimes it lingers a couple days somewhere.  I have found with QVC it depends on what you order and who the vendor is.  If it ships direct from lancaster I seem to get it sooner.  If it is a vendor ship by the time qvc sends order to them and it os processed it can be 4-5 days before they ship. It is a crop shoot