Respected Contributor

Shipping envelope condition

[ Edited ]

Received an entirely open package, which was never SEALED. 

The item and invoice amazingly were intact. The tissue paper between the folds was shredded. What gives?

It was delivered by UPS, I have a very good UPS person, and am stunned that the item, invoice remained with outer bag.

This totally open bag was obviously shipped this way.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping envelope condition

@IMW

I've read several threads about this recently!

Maybe Q needs to check their machine that 'seals' the envelopes!

With my luck, if I received one like that, it would be empty and I'd probably have to fight tooth & nail to prove it was empty upon receipt!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

That's terrible !  I've had problems with my order form/return label being stuck to the inside of my bags.

Super Contributor

A few weeks ago I received my order for the Jai box chain bracelet.  It was shipped in a brown mailing envelope -- a JiffyLite cushioned mailer (Sealed Air Product Care). The adhesive on this mailer can easily be opened and resealed without any evidence of tampering.  I opened and closed it
dozens of times just to test it.  Luckily, my item was received, but I can see how easy it would be to remove an item from the mailer with no evidence that the mailer was opened.  This shipping product is extremely poor and
should not be used.  I reported it via email to Customer Service and got the usual "we'll forward this to the appropriate department."

Super Contributor

I received an order that had been cut open and resealed - apparently who ever opened it did not want what was inside.  In the past, I have lost a solid gold diamique ring to someone opening and reclosing the package.  They left the box but no ring.  QVC was very good and refunded my money but the ring was on sale and gone so I was out.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@IMW

With my luck, if I received one like that, it would be empty and I'd probably have to fight tooth & nail to prove it was empty upon receipt!

I don't think UPS or the post office would deliver a package envelope that had nothing in it. If they did they would no doubt leave some kind of form you would fill out for proof, but I bet they would just return it to QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blackhole99 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@IMW

I don't think UPS or the post office would deliver a package envelope that had nothing in it. If they did they would no doubt leave some kind of form you would fill out for proof, but I bet they would just return it to QVC.

Not true.  I had exactly that happen a number of years ago.  I was busy when the UPS driver left an open, brown padded envelope for me.  No note of explanation; just tucked it near the door on my porch.  I immediately called QVC and UPS to report it.  The only thing in the envelope was the invoice.  If I had gotten to him quicker, I would've called him back to explain why he would leave an obviously empty envelope on my porch!  (I would think because he didn't want to deal with the hassle of reporting it!)

(ETA:  In all the years I've dealt with QVC packages delivered by UPS, this is the only incident like that I've had happen.)

Honored Contributor

I think shippers,  including the USPS,  are bound to deliver a package regardless of the condition it's in.  If it's addressed to you, you get it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

a similar thing happened to me a few years back. it was a piece of jewelry no less. the envelope was torn and the jewelry pouch had a hole in it and the item almost fell out when i opened it. i couldn't believe the state it arrived in. 

Trusted Contributor

That happened to me about a month ago. It was received at the post office according to tracking but the message said something about being unable to be delivered. Then I got it the next day, opened with a rubber band around the whole unsealed package.