Esteemed Contributor

Left on return slips in item box.  I got sent items not mine, didn,t order.  No pack slip in box.  I could have kept the items,but not the right thing to do, so returned, (label with my name,  etc), with a note eexplaining, do not refund, not my items.  Well, they charged me return shipping.  I have to wait until it gets posted, before CS can credit.   They proberly hate  their job in shipping or could care less because of all the mistakes being made.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping doesn, read notes.

@qvcaddition 

When something like that happens to me, I've learned to call customer service first--before I send in the return--so that they can make a note of what happened on my account.  

I also make a note on the return slip, or in your case, I would have put in a slip of paper explaining the situation.  But I don't rely on just the people in the return department, because, like you, I have found they don't always pay attention to what is on the return slips.  Or, they don't have the authority to waive return fees, I don't know.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

Left on return slips in item box.  I got sent items not mine, didn,t order.  No pack slip in box.  I could have kept the items,but not the right thing to do, so returned, (label with my name,  etc), with a note eexplaining, do not refund, not my items.  Well, they charged me return shipping.  I have to wait until it gets posted, before CS can credit.   They proberly hate  their job in shipping or could care less because of all the mistakes being made.

I suggest that you email (not phone) customer service directly prior to returning merchandise. Paper trail...

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@qvcadditionI agree with @geezerette .  I just visualize the various scenes of warehouse or assembly line workers I've seen on the news or on shows like Undercover Boss, and I don't expect they have much time to do anything beyond getting the packaging open and shoving it somewhere.  I call CS and ask to have my message written into my account.  In the long run, I've found this takes even less time than writing the note and having to call and explain everything after I get a charge.  The explanation is already in my account.

Still requires .attention, yet it's the best system I've found.

Respected Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

I suggest that you email (not phone) customer service directly prior to returning merchandise. Paper trail...

Yes. At least a phone call if not an email. I wouldn't return anything I didn't order to someone without talking to them first and getting a clear process to follow.

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette 

@geezerette wrote:

@qvcaddition 

When something like that happens to me, I've learned to call customer service first--before I send in the return--so that they can make a note of what happened on my account.  

I also make a note on the return slip, or in your case, I would have put in a slip of paper explaining the situation.  But I don't rely on just the people in the return department, because, like you, I have found they don't always pay attention to what is on the return slips.  Or, they don't have the authority to waive return fees, I don't know.

Did 'll that these times..  Also keep copies and noted dates I called CS AND TOLD THEM.  No one paid any attention.  Now I have to get a credit once it lost on my acct.  In today,s world, customer has to do work and they get paid.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@geezerette 

@geezerette wrote:

@qvcaddition 

Did 'll that these times..  Also keep copies and noted dates I called CS AND TOLD THEM.  No one paid any attention.  Now I have to get a credit once it lost on my acct.  In today,s world, customer has to do work and they get paid.

@qvcaddition 

It sounds like you did everything you could.

Sometimes stuff happens even when you've tried to do everything to avoid it.  It can be frustrating, for sure.