Contributor

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, but there's a message from Cutomer Service at the top of my orders apologizing for the shipping delays and a promise that they're working on fixing the problem.  My question for customer service, is "How long does this take?"  There have been slow shipping issues for months!!  I honestly don't understand why other merchants can offer not only FREE shipping, but it's done in a timely manner, mere days, not weeks on end.  If QVC didn't have a few products that I can't find elsewhere, I would stop shopping here altogether.  I seriously do not understand what your problem is??

Respected Contributor

Yep.

Honored Contributor

If QVC is changing warehouses, updating software, moving locations...none of that happens over night.  It is quite a large undertaking.

Valued Contributor

I've placed 11 orderes since Oct 27,  All different categorys, not one has been shipped.  All "In process".  I tried to change the size on one, but nooooooooo 

I think they owe us some kind of an explanation.  Different system, new wharehouse, and what they are doing about it.  It's been going on too long.  I think we would be more forgiving if we understood.

Honored Contributor

All I can say is I'm glad my Christmas shopping is pretty much finished.  I'd be hard-pressed to trust QVC to get orders delivered in a timely fashion the rest of this year.  Things seem to be getting worse, instead of better.

Valued Contributor

qvc having a new warehouse and updating software is not the problem.
the problem is the timing of it all.

unless they were mandated by the supreme court to do this now, it could have waited until after the holidays, especially, since the software is not working as intended, which i'm sure they figured out after the first week.

at that time, they should have rolled the software changes back and worked on the software behind the scenes, to keep the deliveries coming at their regular 7-10 time period.

and they should have brought in more software developers, that have 15+ years of hands on experience in inventory/fulfilment software experience.
as a former head of IT, i know there are better ways to handle this, especially if you care about your customers. for starters, just tell the truth.

Occasional Contributor

I ordered 5 items that have been "in process" for 13 days. EDD is tomorrow, Nov 6. I just called and they said EDD is now Nov 7 and they can't give me more information unless I don't get my package by then. "Call back if you don't receive it by the 7th ."  Um, it hasn't even shipped yet. NOT going to be here by the 7th. 

I feel sorry for the people having to take these phone calls. Not their fault but I'm sure they're hearing from a lot of frustrated customers. 

Contributor

Maybe they shouldn't bite off more than they can chew.  I've had shipping issues since June.  They've oversold items, lost items, said they shipped when they didn't and item never arrived, on and on.  If they can't handle the volume, so be it, cut back, but never ending apologies and no resolution isn't working. I have shopped here since the beginning and I'm beyond frustrated.  I am also frustrated that even though it takes forever to ship or they send an apology that an order is running late, you can't even cancel it.  In process??  Forever in process 

Valued Contributor

just had a thought.

can you imagine what 1st  time customers are thinking, about the way past too long, delivery times? i wonder how long they will stay active customers?

or was someone clever enough to go through the orders and force 1st  time customer orders to be processed and shipped in a timely manner.

yes, i know doing that would not be a fair thing to do, but if one wanted to keep new customers, it is something to consider.

i say no bonuses for anyone remotely involved in this fiasco.

sidebar: i remember on my first programming job, way back in the day, the vp of IT said that he got promoted the more he messed something up, because that way he couldn't touch anything important. back then, i thought that was crazy, but i have seen that happen more times then i can remember. oh, the top level screw ups and bad $$$ decisions that i have seen over the decades would probably make you cringe.

okay, back to watching my hallmark movie.

Respected Contributor

QVC Is undergoing major reconstructions in several areas. Under these circumstances, I think the time frame for shipping and delivery should be more realistic. To me, it doesn't make sense to continue using delivery estimates that often don't work anymore.  It just makes for a lot of disappointed and upset customers. 

I think more transparency would help both QVC and its customers. I don't think any business should keep customers in the dark because of embarrassment.