New Contributor
Why do customers have to pay SO much for shipping? What happened to a reduction when buying multiples? I ordered several items and paid over $25 in shipping. They all came in one box!!!! I know it doesn't cost QVC that much. If Amazon, Target, etc. can offer free shipping why can't QVC?
Honored Contributor

@LMW5    It should be obvious....QVC feels they can't afford free shipping.  If you order just one item, it's very reasonable.  It adds up with multiple items 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@LMW5 All I can say is that before an order is placed, the customer is given the shipping cost. You know what the cost will be.

The reason has been much discussed here but likely you haven't seen those posts and hopefully someone who knows more about it than I do will post that.

New Contributor
Thank you, no I haven't seen the discussions. I will look for them. My issue is an item that weighs next to nothing has a high shipping cost.
Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping cost

[ Edited ]

If you had ordered from Zulily, you'd only pay shipping for one item. 

I ordered something on Saturday morning.  After the first order, shipping $5.99, all other orders are free for the entire weekend. 

Don't remember if this is their normal weekend policy.  It's usually for 24 hours.  

Of course, Zulily doesn't sell the all of the same items as QVC, but it's an example of what retailers can do.  

Valued Contributor

That is one of the reasons I have stopped buying unless I'm relacing an item I already own.

Esteemed Contributor

I would buy more if they combined shipping on the same item in different colors

Honored Contributor

they don't want to

or

finances have not pushed them to that point

However this weekend was the first time I saw a "shopping cart" for a category

and I have been watching for a long time 

New Contributor
I've been a customer for more than 30 years and it just seems like the last few years the shipping is out of hand. I remember where shipping for multiples was cut in half, free shipping days, etc. I'm sure people are not shopping as much as normal because of this, especially when other retailers are offering free or discounted shipping. Just my two cents
Valued Contributor

I no longer buy from QVC if I can find it on Amazon or elsewhere that offers free shipping. So many times recently I have seen a product on QVC, and rather than automatically buying it like I used to, I now check out other sites. In almost every case, the cost of the same item is cheaper and shipping is free.