Super Contributor

I think I will only buy when there is no shipping cost.. reason being .. they have raised the shipping to $5.50  and the shipping is taking way longer.. so disappointed in this..

Honored Contributor

I always buy when there is free shipping regardless of the vendor.  More and more companies are offering it so no reason to pay for it.

Contributor

Shipping is never really "free'. If they are offering "free" shipping on an item, the shipping costs are built in to the price of the item. They wouldn't be able to absorb the shipping costs and still make a profit.

Esteemed Contributor

@Julius Seizure wrote:

Shipping is never really "free'. If they are offering "free" shipping on an item, the shipping costs are built in to the price of the item. They wouldn't be able to absorb the shipping costs and still make a profit.

Oh I am sure they would still make a profit, just not as much of a profit.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Julius Seizure wrote:

If a company offers free shipping on an item that was say 9.95 to ship, and doesn't raise the price of said item, that is good enough for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

Amazon has free shipping on any purchase amount.  This is in effect till Christmas.