Super Contributor

Shipping charges on multiple items

[ Edited ]

It was a busy QVC shopping afternoon for me.  I purchased 5 new Logo tops to add to my collection.  So now I'm wondering if, when you buy several items from 1 designer, should you get a discount on shipping charges?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Shipping charges on multiple items

I feel like you should, but you don't. I know shipping is expensive, but I also think if a customer is buying multiple items, or over a certain dollar amount, the customer should get some kind of break.

Respected Contributor

This used to be the case until several years ago when QVC lowered their individual shipping charges overall and did away with reduced shipping. In fact it didn't even have to be the same designer. As long as there were multiple clothing items in the same order each additional shipping charge after the first item was half off. For other types of items you would get half off if you ordered two or more of the same item. Those days are not coming back.

Super Contributor

They usually pack all the clothes in 1 package and still charge $3.50 per item.  They should offer a discount.  What is the point of buy more and save if you have to pay full shipping on the 2nd item

Honored Contributor

@Unhooked42 wrote:

They usually pack all the clothes in 1 package and still charge $3.50 per item.  They should offer a discount.  What is the point of buy more and save if you have to pay full shipping on the 2nd item

@Unhooked42 

QVC no longer offers 'Buy more and save'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@Tuffcookie wrote:

It was a busy QVC shopping afternoon for me.  I purchased 5 new Logo tops to add to my collection.  So now I'm wondering if, when you buy several items from 1 designer, should you get a discount on shipping charges?

@Tuffcookie - That's a good and valid point. I have seen Q do that once in a great while for some items. They should try other options to increase sales other than E-Z pays. I don't use that option, but a 'reduction if you purchase more than one' is a good idea.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Super Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Unhooked42 wrote:

@Unhooked42 

QVC no longer offers 'Buy more and save'.

Yes, they do.  They had a couple items yesterday, 3.00 off for the second item but you still have to pay full shipping

Contributor

I ordered several clothing items this weekend too. I discovered that there is no more 

discount for multiple items to the same address! 3.50 for each item. I ended up cancelling some of my orders. Just too much money.

Respected Contributor

I was thinking about this yesterday too.  I remember when QVC shopping if you purchased several items in the same show, say Denim & Co., you'd get a little break on shipping.  Sadly, that is no longer the case.  You would think that with all the competition with free shipping (and much faster shipping) and free returns, that QVC would follow their lead.

Valued Contributor

It is shipping and handling.  I do miss the S&H breaks that used to be given for fashion items placed in the same order.