Super Contributor

Re: Shipping Delays -- Absurd and Getting Worse

I live in NYS but most things that I have ordered from QVC travel though PA into Ohio, across NYS  and then down to where we live. It is ridiculous the out of the way route that they take and now with the postal service working with UPS and Fedx you never know when you will get your package. This year there has been a major post office in the northern part of the state that has been holding packages for a month or more at a time. It is random. You can order two things and get one and the other package is held hostage in that post office for weeks. I once reordered something and got it before that post office finally decided to let those packages be delivered. I then had to return one of them. Does anyone know what this is about? I know that there are other cities where this happens as well.

Super Contributor

It used to be a law that a consumer had 24 hours to change their mind about a television purchase. Apparently that is not the case anymore or they just ignore it. Several years ago you could cancel an order from QVC within a few hours but now it goes right into "processing." 

Only the people can change these things by banding together and protesting. It takes numbers though and contacting your local legislators. Sadly, for the most part, the politicians protect the big businesses because it is they who write the big checks during campaign season but if enough voters get together you can still get some things done. Too many people let these things slide because they think that there is nothing that they can do about it.

Occasional Contributor

Update. My "in process" orders were changed to back orders which allowed me to cancel then.

New Contributor

I agree.  Today I got no less than four "shipment delayed" emails from QVC, and several others in the past few weeks.  One didn't even state what item it was for (this happens a lot).   QVC needs to stop using the COVID excuse for poor customer service.  If they're going to have every shipment delayed, they need to be up front about expected shipment times.  Rememer the days when you could click on the item page and it would give you an expected delivery date before you commtted to buying the product?  Now all you get is an almost immediate "In process" status so you can't even cancel when it hasn't been shipped after a week.   Those were the days when return shipping was free, or they at least deducted the original shipping costs with returns.  The least QVC could do is give us our $3.50 shipping fees back when they can't fulfill an order in a timely manner.  Or maybe they aren't paying enough to attract employees?  The days of the $7.25 Federal minimum wage are over, especially in an area that QVC and their distribution sites are located.  Glad that I have everything I need from QVC for now, and I can start shopping locally again, or from alternate online vendors who get it to me in two days.    

New Contributor

Same for me.  Amazon is the first place I look when I see something on QVC I like.  About the only thing I put up with QVC's delays are for specific clothing lines that I can't get anywhere else.  Been shopping with QVC for over 30 years and not much has improved (like expanded product lines) and the shipping and returns delays are hardly making it worth it anymore.  Only benefit these days is the 30 day (or 90 day holiday) rno questions asked eturn times, but other online vendors are lenghening theirs, too.   It's too bad, because the customer service desk is wonderfully helpful, but QVC's distribution channels are getting worse all the time.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received several "delay in shipping" emails today - after my orders placed two weeks ago sat in "preparing your order" status.

Hey QVC - I have a great idea.  If the products ARE NOT in your warehouse either don't present them on air or present them as ADVANCED ORDERS.

The way you are handling it is only creating a public relations nightmare!

Ball is in your court!

Trusted Contributor

@stb13   How about seeing your item in process for seven days and bam it's suddenly on backorder!  It was a clearance item so how is that possible?  If you look at the item the size you ordered is no longer available. QVC needs to get its house in order and stop this ridiculous shipping problem. You can't sell 24/7 and have these kinds of shipping mishaps day in and day out and keep your Customers who incidentally are the ones who are keeping you in business. 

Valued Contributor

QVC what is you rproblem?  Last night I got an email saying my Calista Embillish TSV I ordered oon 5/25 is now going to be delayed to June 8th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  QVC this is a TSV prdduct which should go out without problems!!!!!  I called CS last night and said I am no longer nterested and I want the product cancelled.  The lady was very nice4 and went through the process and cancelled my order.  Today I go look at the status and it is not cancelled so I call CS again and she said the prior lady did cancel but now "we" have to wait and see if they cancelled it!  WHAT THE HECK IS THIS????????  You are treating your customers like ******......now I have to wait and see if I get the product and if I did then send back and they will pay shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You force your customers to go through all this because you do not know how to run a business anymore?  You are loosing customers right and left because of your shipping...and you deserve to!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

Oh I've had that happen too. I've learned that having no expectation means no disappointment. Sad it had to come to that, but unfortunately it has.
Frequent Contributor

@ PeggyWL Very well said... I 100% agree. The way they are showing items not in their posession is only created VERY ANGRY customers.