Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Delays -- Absurd and Getting Worse

@Effie54 wrote:

@stb13 wrote:
What I don't understand is how something is too far along to edit or cancel after sometimes as soon as an hour - YET - it sits in preparing order or in process status for over a week.

Yes! That's my pet peeve too! You can't cancel, or edit, but it sits in preparation for over a week before it's shipped.

@Effie54  I actually have an order that was placed on 4/25 and is still in 'preparing your order' mode. The EDD* keeps getting moved up...latest update is 5/25...so one entire month and it wasn't a waitlist order :/

Respected Contributor

I don't order alot of clothing any more from Q but just had two Susan Graver items show up when I looked at my orders as a Backorder. or Backorder time frame is not given. I think customers are frustrated at a lack of being upfront on the status of orders.  It seems clothing and shoes are the worst.

I ordared a sweatshirt from Eddie Bauer and they clearly said on backorder until May 25th. I only seem to have the issue with Q as a guessing game along with the many days preparing your order then ship time? 

Contributor

"Preparing Your Order" on items ordered May 8th (and it's now the 11th) is irritating at best. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if they don't have the items in their warehouses, they shouldn't be selling them.  And transparency would be welcomed.

Esteemed Contributor

this is really getting ridiculous!!!  I used to get my items pretty quick and shipping within 3 days ......no longer !!!!!!   I have several items now preparing to ship for 7 days come on !!   I also can't track progress of returns ,  just comes up "um something went wrong try again or contact CS".  No tracking info either on items that actually did ship says the same as above.   What is going on , beyond frustrated😠   

Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@stb13 wrote:
What I don't understand is how something is too far along to edit or cancel after sometimes as soon as an hour - YET - it sits in preparing order or in process status for over a week.

Yes! That's my pet peeve too! You can't cancel, or edit, but it sits in preparation for over a week before it's shipped.

@Effie54  I actually have an order that was placed on 4/25 and is still in 'preparing your order' mode. The EDD* keeps getting moved up...latest update is 5/25...so one entire month and it wasn't a waitlist order :/

Can you cancel it? Maybe the item is coming from the vendor, who doesn't have the item yet. I hate when you buy something online, and it's not in stock to be mailed out right away. It's very frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I don't know if it's so much the shipping anymore.  Seems the order sits in preparing mode for days and days, seems to be a problem getting the items out the door!

@LindaSal   Exactly !  I agree that's the problem

Honored Contributor

My order has been in "Delayed" status on the UPS tracking site for nearly a week. I think they must have lost it.

How long should I wait before I call CS?

Frequent Contributor

@stb13 wrote:

ITA. I have had an order sitting there now since 5/7 with an expected delivery date of 5/18. Still hasn't shipped. I guess that ain't happening. I had another order that was ordered on 5/10 and just shipped a day ago. Both sat and are still sitting in the process where they could not and cannot be edited or cancelled since almost immediately after ordering. I've contacted CS and just get the same runaround. And to boot they change the expected delivery date from the original expected elivery date so that they can say it arrived within the expected timeframe! How's that for kinda shady? It's ridiculous. I don't know why I continue to give QVC my business. Shame on me.

Respected Contributor

I have two things that have been in "preparing the order" 

for 6 days.  It now takes 10 to 14 days to receive an order.  I only order from Qvc anymore what I cannot get from  Amazon or elsewhere.  This company has really gone downhill.   

Esteemed Contributor

I personally  think QVC is the most greedy,uncustomer friendly company I have ever delt with!    jmo