Super Contributor

Re: Shipping Delays -- Absurd and Getting Worse

It's not just QVC that has items "pending" for much too long these days.  It's also the great US Post Office that doesn't know which end is up. I've had a package sitting in the local post office since May 10 (waiting for acceptance is what my order says whatever that means)  and don't know when I'll ever get it.  This means the average time to get something from QVC via USPS is three  to four weeks for me which is mind-boggling.  (My father had his career at the USPS a long time ago and even before his desath in 1995 bemoaned the state of things there.  What would he say now?!)

Contributor

I also am curious about their inventory system and shipping practices.  Today, I received a delivery from USPS for an order that, according to order status, is waitlisted.

And tracking numbers that they give you don't tie to either USPS or UPS.  It's a fricking guessing game.

I gave them them the benefit of the pandemic but come on ... that's almost in the rear view mirror!

Honored Contributor

I can't understand why it takes so long to ship out in the first place.  Other companies I deal with ship out in 1 or 2 days.  The Q needs to change their policy especially if your order has not shipped out in 4 days.  You should have the option to cancel.  

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Sorry, they always say too late in the warehouse. And two weeks later it shows up! (Its money)
I just bought something from Amazon got it 3 days but it wasn't right. I sent it back and VIOLLA my money came back to me and no charge. Wonderful to see that, no hassle, nothing. Catch up QVC.
Esteemed Contributor

I wrote the same post last week. I needed an item quickly, so I had to pay $11 for expedited shipping. Who can wait days and days with the order being in process before shipping? It is frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

@stb13 wrote:
What I don't understand is how something is too far along to edit or cancel after sometimes as soon as an hour - YET - it sits in preparing order or in process status for over a week.

Yes! That's my pet peeve too! You can't cancel, or edit, but it sits in preparation for over a week before it's shipped.

Occasional Contributor

I ordered a Women With Control top on May 3rd, it was to be delivered by May 12th (today is the 17th), still waiting.  Here is the tracking:

May 16, 2021, 20:03Arrived at FacilityChicago, IL

May 14, 2021, 13:59Departed from FacilityCommerce City, CO

May 13, 2021, 11:57Origin ScanCommerce City, CO

May 08, 2021, 07:14Package is in transit to a UPS facilityOntario, CA

May 08, 2021, 07:14Order Processed: In Transit to UPS

The processing started on the 8th (5 days later), and sat in CA and CO was a few more days.  I live in IL, wonder when I will get it. This is ridulous.  I'm glad I didn't buy this top for a special occasion.

Does anyone know where the Women With Control forum/blog is?  I don't see it on the list.

Esteemed Contributor

agree with all of you ,  I was getting items pretty quickly but right now I have several. items "preparing to ship" and have been sitting there for 6 days !   And I know if I try to cancel it will say I can't .   I don't want to but there have been times within hours and could not.    I Also  have 1 item that actually shipped.   this morning I guess,   but I cannot check tracking it says hmm something went wrong call customer service.   Why is it such a mess I wonder. 

Respected Contributor

@InStitches49 wrote:

It's not just QVC that has items "pending" for much too long these days.  It's also the great US Post Office that doesn't know which end is up. I've had a package sitting in the local post office since May 10 (waiting for acceptance is what my order says whatever that means)  and don't know when I'll ever get it.  This means the average time to get something from QVC via USPS is three  to four weeks for me which is mind-boggling.  (My father had his career at the USPS a long time ago and even before his desath in 1995 bemoaned the state of things there.  What would he say now?!)

@InStitches49 Waiting for acceptance means that USPS hasn't received the package yet from UPS.  I know USPS has it's problems but this is a UPS problem.

Occasional Contributor

@Effie54- It is a shame that 11 days to receive an order is not enough time to fulfill the arrival date that is shown at the time the order is placed without having to pay extra as "just in case" insurance for slow service.

I am not placing an order with QVC ever again once this last order is figured out. I have had my fill of frustration and excuses.  Smiley Sad