New Contributor

Shipping Delays -- Absurd and Getting Worse

I ordered something 6 days back ... keeps saying 'preparing' order and so I can't cancel it.  But STILL has not shipped.

Could have ordered the SAME item from Amazon and had it the next day.

It is something I need!! 

PLEASE QVC, FIX YOUR SHIPPING ISSUES (which I see a lot of in this forum) or business has to go elsewhere. We can not count on you any more!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Delays -- Absurd and Getting Worse

I've been having good luck with shipping - one item was delayed a couple of days - but overall I'm satsified.  If I need something quickly - I either go to the store and buy it or order it from Amazon.

Yesterday, I got something I ordered on May 5.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There really isn't anything you can do.  I just got 2 fashions today and it was delivered by UPS, instead of the Post Office.  I've been getting my stuff, almost everyday and almost always via UPS.  It just sits a long time with the words preparing the order.  And then it shows up.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know if it's so much the shipping anymore.  Seems the order sits in preparing mode for days and days, seems to be a problem getting the items out the door!

Frequent Contributor

What I don't understand is how something is too far along to edit or cancel after sometimes as soon as an hour - YET - it sits in preparing order or in process status for over a week.
Regular Contributor

I think they immediately put your order "preparing your order" status because they know they have increasing issues with shipping and their warehouse(s) and don't want you to cancel the order in frustration. If Amazon can ship pkgs that I get the next day, I can't believe QVC is shipping more than they are, so the warehouses are either severely understaffed or incompetent.

I too have never had such issues with shipping from them. Normally things would ship in a day or two.  Now if I see an item other than fashion being presented that I'd like to order I go to Amazon to see if they have it, normally they have 99% of the items, either same price or slightly less, plus free next day shipping. Guess where I order the item? 

For makeup items, I'll go direct to the vendor, unless the item is a supersize that only the Q has.  With the vendor, not only do I earn rewards points, but free shipping and often times a discount code as well AND they ship faster. The Q is becoming more of a reference resource for makeup tutorials or videos, etc.

I hope they read these posts and fix their shipping issues.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm having the same issue with items listed as "preparing your order" for at least a week, but now two orders have gone to backorder.  I don't understand it, since the items were available.  One item was a top that had not been on air and the other item was the Zuda TSV joggers.  At least once it goes to backorder status, they let you cancel the order, which is what I did.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

To advertise and take orders for items that's aren't available to ship, and then to not let the customer cancel for a week is just unethical.  It makes me wonder if they're very slow to pay their vendors.

New Contributor

Has nothing to do with UPS / USPS. This is QVC not getting the order out of their warehouse but not allowing us to cancel it if it is taking too long. This is very bad customer service and disingenuous at best. It is unfair to the customer!  

I will no longer order anything from QVC that I actually NEED.  I will still consider ordering some things that don't matter when they come, but will get from other sources who ship the order or allow it to be canceled if it is not shipped.  

Super Contributor

Its mind blowing how bad there service is here!Ordered 2 items 2 orders on the 9th early they are both sitting in preparing order status.Suppose to get the 19th in ca which i guarantee i wont..The 13th i ordered one of the same items in different scent and it shipped that night due to get the 22nd!....If i go to re buy both orders there is no backorder says i will get by the 24th..It looks to me that my orders are STUCK and CS cant do anything about it. I might just quit buying Tweak d here and get from HSN....THey never have these issues and i get all items from there in timely manner.THis is not the first time this has happened with QVC.

Also i cant get to my QVC account thru there website to sign in but i can get to it if i go to my saved community link...So many problems here.