Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping Cost for 3 Items sent in one package!

[ Edited ]

Of course no one wants to pay for shipping, but as someone who frequently ships packages, I have to say that most of the time, QVC's rates are quite reasonable—if not much cheaper than what the average person pays. For example, there's no way you're getting a stoneware baking set, a ladder, or metal decor shipped to your door for the low prices QVC charges.

I would not be surprised at all if three garments cost $9 for shipping, especially across the country. I recently sold a sweatsuit and ended up putting it into the flat-rate USPS Medium Box for shipping because that was only $14 versus the $17 it would've cost to use my packaging. Once a package is over 1 lb, and especially when packages are between 2 lbs and 5 lbs, all the couriers charge way more than you might expect.

Honored Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

Please; stop defending QVC's S/H practices.

If you pay $3.00 S/H for each item there is no way it costs $9 to 'handle' and ship them if they are being shipped in one package. I sell on eBay and that would reduce my costs and effort expended.

There is no way it takes more time to pack and ship one package compared to three. I know from working in the apparel industry and from my sales on Ebay. Packing, printing and placing labels and sealing numerous packages is very time consuming. Throwing everything in one box, placing one label and sealing one box takes much less effort. I'm not sure why anyone would claim it takes more time to pack one box.

QVC gets a bulk rate as well. I get an eBay discount that is sometimes 26%. I just imagine what QVC's discount is. They should stop charging per item but per dollar amount. S/H is a revenue stream for QVC and they are trying to reduce their costs while charging the same S/H per item.

I would ask for a refund.

I don't see how an individual person selling on Ebay can compare themselves to a big corporation with warehouses when it comes to shipping and handling. 

Frequent Contributor

I called customer service and I was told to affix the $6.95 return shipping label for one of the pairs of pants but I would be charged $6.95 for each pair sent  back.  

QVC Customer Care

@Blackcatmom 

You may return several of the same type of items (ie apparel with apparel) in one package by using one of the labels on the outside of the back and placing the other labels directly in package. You should then only be charged a fee for one label. If each of the items are charged please contact us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com for a refund.

Beth QVC

New Contributor

Same problem here, only four items, all bought at the same time, all same item, all in same package. Four pair of pedel pushers, $3.50 S&H each x 4 = $14! BUT, when I returned them, with the Q's return label, it cost $6.95! Huh? I've had it.

Valued Contributor

I don't think it would be a logistics nightmare at all. We live in a tech world, and even if we didn't, it is as simple as charging, A ONE TIME CHARGE FOR SHIPPING FOR ONE ITEM, VS. 3 ITEMS 3 TIMES.  It is that simple.  It is my opinion that QVC makes mega bucks overcharging for shipping items to us, why should they stop?  If we all start complaining, perhaps they will fix that in another 10 years, LMAO, shame on qvc, it is so apparent why they do this.

Valued Contributor

Handling for what?  An employee putting 3 items in one package and slapping a label sticker on it?  Nope, qvc IS DOUBLE DIPPING on Over charging customers in every which way. It appears to me that any way QVC can stick the customer with a charge they will so their profits are in the billion range.

Valued Contributor

??? If you were really chage 8.95 for one t shirt, that you were robbed by a typo error.  Even handbags don't cost that much to ship. Call Customer servi e and get a refund on the shipping, or a credit for what really should be charged

Valued Contributor

call customer service, I am surprised you didn't know the following, you can ship more than one item in the bag, and just be charged 6.95, period, end of story.  just keep a record of what you sent. NEVER NEVER SHOULD YOU BE CHARGED 6.95 MORE THAN ONCE BECAUSE THERE ARE 2 ITEMS IN A PACKAGE

Super Contributor

It's $3.50 for clothing and $5.50 for shoes.  The same thing happened to me, 3 items shipped in one box and charged S&H for each item.

Since I had to returned the merchadise, I paid $17.95 to try on clothing!  ($3.50 x 3 and $6.95 rtn label)

If I purchase anything now I make sure it's "free S&H"