Regular Contributor

Shipping Cost for 3 Items sent in one package!

I have no trouble with the $3 shipping cost for one item.  I won't even complain about $6 for two items.  I was expecting to find 3 packages on my porch today.  I purchased a pair of shoes, a Lunch TIme Special top, and 2 pairs of cropped pants.  The top and pants were purchased on the same day, but several hours apart in separate orders.  Today, the top and 2 pair of cropped pants were shipped in one package for a total shipping charge of $9.  I appreciated the efforts by QVC to lower shipping costs a while back, but $9 for a package that was only clothing and would not cost that much to ship is extreme.  When you save money on your end, your customers appreciate it  if you showed that you value us by passing on some of that savings to us!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shipping Cost for 3 Items sent in one package!

I understand what you are saying.  But, I think it would be a logistics nightmare to do what you are suggesting.  The credit card is charged when it is ready to ship.  They have to be sure the charge goes through before moving forward.  Then, to see if anything else is ready to ship and has been charged, putting them together to ship, and then going back to reduce the shipping charges on one of all the the items seems like a real hassle and just adds to the confusion.  And don't forget that the $3.00 is for "handling" too.  There are people to pay who get your item from the warehouse and get it ready for processing, and that has nothing to do with the cost to mail it. 

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Contributor

I agree that the shipping cost is too high at QVC. Especially when other retailers can ship for FREE and still make a profit. With computer automation these days they should be able to automatically adjust when things are shipped together.

Respected Contributor

You might notice that it's $3.00 shipping and handling, which is typical for most companies.......so the charges are not just for the cost of the shipping fees.  It's logical to me that gathering several items together for shipping would take more time and effort.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please; stop defending QVC's S/H practices.

If you pay $3.00 S/H for each item there is no way it costs $9 to 'handle' and ship them if they are being shipped in one package. I sell on eBay and that would reduce my costs and effort expended.

There is no way it takes more time to pack and ship one package compared to three. I know from working in the apparel industry and from my sales on Ebay. Packing, printing and placing labels and sealing numerous packages is very time consuming. Throwing everything in one box, placing one label and sealing one box takes much less effort. I'm not sure why anyone would claim it takes more time to pack one box.

QVC gets a bulk rate as well. I get an eBay discount that is sometimes 26%. I just imagine what QVC's discount is. They should stop charging per item but per dollar amount. S/H is a revenue stream for QVC and they are trying to reduce their costs while charging the same S/H per item.

I would ask for a refund.

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

They should have a shopping cart approach.  They are associated with Zulily.  Zulily....one charge each day... some exceptions but mostly one charge.  And the total weekend.... one charge.  Love love love Zulily.  No more QVC for me with exception of AS IS and clearance.  

Honored Contributor

I just paid an $8.95 s&h charge to have one tee shirt shipped.  Makes QVC seem pretty reasonable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I just paid an $8.95 s&h charge to have one tee shirt shipped.  Makes QVC seem pretty reasonable.

I agree.  I have paid that much to ship one item from other places.  I don't mind the $3.00 shipping charge.  But I do kind of mind the $6.95 return charge.  I always compare to see if it is less expensive to put my own postage on the package.  If QVC gets a bulk rate to ship to it's customers, why can't there be a bulk rate to ship back?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Frequent Contributor

I ordered two pairs of Anybody pants at the same time.  They didn't fit.  They were shipped separately and cost for each one was $6.95. Cost to send back together in the same package was $13.90!!!

Respected Contributor

@Blackcatmom wrote:

I ordered two pairs of Anybody pants at the same time.  They didn't fit.  They were shipped separately and cost for each one was $6.95. Cost to send back together in the same package was $13.90!!!

@Blackcatmom if you returned these in the same package using the Q return label you should have only been charged $6.95. Return shipping labels are priced by weight and it tells you on the website the price:

0 to 5 lbs: $6.95

5.01 to 10 lbs: $8.95

10.01 to 150 lbs: $10.95