Contributor

Been a QVC customer for many years and want to know why we are charged $3 per item when 2 or more are in the same package!!

It seems like such a poor policy to do this-received 2 tops today-same package-shipping charges were $3 each-this is a true turn-off as well as a "rip-off" to me.

Anybody feel the same way?

Frequent Contributor

I agree with you 100%. HSN often has free shipping or reduced shipping when you order 2 or more items.

QVC Customer Care

Hi @redheadmimi and @nightnurse I am so sorry you are disappointed.  Since QVC has reduced their shipping and handling costs QVC no longer offers discounts for items shipped in the same package. I will be happy to pass your feedback on to our management team.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Charges

[ Edited ]

If I'm paying shipping per item they should be shipped individually or I should be charged a flat shipping fee for a box shipped with all items ordered on the same day.

The only thing you can do is place an order for 1 item & let it process then wait a bit to order another one. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

My problem with so many companies that offer free shipping is that I wouldn't pay their prices if they asked for even an extra 50 cents.

HSN for me is one of those companies -  I had such poor results with almost everything I've ordered that I'm not willing to give them a chance.

LLBean also just doesn't seem as good to me since they went to free shipping.  I'd love to be able to order again from them with confidence that I wouldn't want to return what I ordered. 

I truly hate the whole return process so I don't even care all that much if a company does make it free.  That would include QVC -  I won't be buying any more than I do now even if they change their policy;  for what I buy from them, I'm still paying far less for shipping than I used to.  Good enough for me.

Respected Contributor

The truth that QVC doesn't want to spell out is that customers that buy multiples and have their orders shipped together subsidize those that only buy one item under the reduced shipping policy.

Technically, you're still paying less. I remember most jewelry items were around $5.95 to ship and now they are mostly $3. So, if I ordered two items under the original policy the S/H would be $9.00 to ship both and now it would be $6.00. 

However, I still don't agree that if items ship together there should be a separate charge. That really adds up and curtails the shopping of multiple items. 

QVC makes money off S/H; it helps their bottom line. They have no interest in introducing a flat rate for a dollar amount spent because even if that increases the average per order and more people shop, they feel it would not offset the loss in revenue from S/H. 

If QVC really believed that using a flat rate for S/H would increase revenue and in turn profit by a big margin they would implement it asap. Furthermore, since QVC no longer returns the original S/H on returns, they get to keep all of the S/H charges minus defective items, a small percentage. 

~Live with Intention~
Esteemed Contributor

Agreed!  I use LL Bean all the time and love them. If you have their credit card it is free shipping, free returns and free mongramming!!!  I'm also shopping more and more at Amazon for their 2 day free shipping.   QVC should follow along.

Honored Contributor

@Alice-QVC wrote:

Hi @redheadmimi and @nightnurse I am so sorry you are disappointed.  Since QVC has reduced their shipping and handling costs QVC no longer offers discounts for items shipped in the same package. I will be happy to pass your feedback on to our management team.

@Alice-QVC

I also agree w/ the OP and others!  Add another voice to this feedback!  It is totally unfair.  In most cases, we are WAY overcharged for the weight of the package.

If they are shipped together, we deserve a discount.

Thank you!

Super Contributor

Well, they do call it shipping "and handling" so I guess we're paying for the second identical item "to be handled" even if two items are being shipped together. 😉

Valued Contributor

I love Amazon! Their prices are better than QVC"s & you can find many items that QVC sells for less. I won't be ordering much from QVC anymore unless I already know the product and can't find it anywhere else!