Contributor

I ordered 3 pieces of jewelry on the most recent jewelry day.  I paid $5.50 in shipping for each item, totaling $17.86 including taxes.  Guess what!  QVC shipped them all in one package and still had the audacity to charge the entire shipping costs.  I so don’t get why they are trying to drive their customers away.  If they have the capability of gathering all of my orders during the day, why don’t they give us a break on shipping?  There is no way you can tell me they are not making a big profit off of shipping.  I will return it all, find extra stuff to return and be very, very careful in the future about ordering from QVC.  This is just not right.

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping Charges Unfair

[ Edited ]

I don't understand your outrage.  You knew what the shipping costs were when you placed the order.  You received your items which in itself is a positive thing as so many customers are complaining of orders taking forever or not arriving at all.

How will returning the items be of benefit to you?  You will have to spend more money in return shipping.  Buyer beware and think carefully before hitting the Submit Order button.

Esteemed Contributor

If you like what you ordered - why would you return all?

Doing that.....you'll pay AGAIN to return and have nothing to show for your money.

Shipping charges are a profit center - just stop buying!

Honored Contributor

@KarenK Yet when you placed the order you agreed to that price?

Trusted Contributor

QVC is very up front with their Shipping & HANDLING charges.  It is not just the cost of shipping, it is the cost of boxing it up and getting it to the shipper. 

Like everyone else I am not sure why you are outraged. Not sure why you were surprised.  They never hid this from you.

I would prefer things come in one package, less waste for our recycling centers or landfills.

Honored Contributor

@KarenK I agree with everyone else. You agreed to the shipping and handling charges when you placed the order.

Calm down, you'll feel better!

Honored Contributor

I just paid $12 for something online that doesn't weigh a pound. I knew it when I clicked on CONFIRM and didn't complain to anyone. I didn't have to agree, but I did. I wanted the item. 

They still had to handle your three items, and they always say it is "shipping and handling" when they talk about what it will cost. I have not heard them say shipping only. The two go together when something is sent to you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

When QVC shipped multiple items separately, people loudly complained they were wasting shipping materials.  Seems as though they can't please anybody.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor
I dont get it...if you like the items why send them back? That's not punishing anyone but yourself.
Esteemed Contributor

It is not unfair.  It is stated clearly when the order is placed.  You have to consider it a part of the price.