Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Shipping Address Question when sending gift

[ Edited ]

I don't know where to send my concern, so I am posting it here.

A friend is in a long-term care facility.  I just sent a gift to her, but the "ship to" address area is too restrictive.  I need to put her name as well as her Social Worker's name and the Name of the Facility on the "ship to" address label.  There is no room for this - just one name and just the street address is allowed on the shipping label.

I am hoping that someone in Customer Support will forward my request up the chain of command to the department that will hopefully revise the Ship To: address form to allow for another name (such as Attention to) and the name of the facility to be included along with the street address.

Also, I didn't see anywhere on the ordering page to indicate a choice as to include a Gift Receipt instead of the regular receipt so my personal information (and price) doesn't go to the recipient or anyone else.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

QVC Customer Care

Re: Shipping Address Question when sending gift

Hi @DottieBlue When an order is sent to any other address other than the billing address, no pricing information is shown. Unfortunately the text is limited to only so many characters and we are unable to override it. If you need further assistance, you can contact us at 1.800.345.1515. Our ordering department is open 24 hours.

Honored Contributor

@AnjalenaQVC I think whatever dept. set up the shipping info really should revise it for cases such as the OP. I'm positive she is not the only one with this problem.

QVC Customer Care

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@AnjalenaQVC I think whatever dept. set up the shipping info really should revise it for cases such as the OP. I'm positive she is not the only one with this problem.

Hi @Love my grandkids I agree. Feedback will be sent. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank you, Anjalena, for the info about the price on the receipt.

I was hoping that the next time the Q does a format change that requires writing a computer program revision, that THEN they could enlarge the Ship To address format.  I realize that nothing can be done to it now-- that it would require a major reformatting of the "whole ball of wax."  So I meant that perhaps this could be forwarded to the necessary department for consideration for future revisions.

Thanks so much for your prompt response.

Honored Contributor

@DottieBlue    QVC uses software programs that are "set in stone".  They can't be altered in any way.  Even these boards are the same, nothing added or changed   It's a package deal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@DottieBlue    QVC uses software programs that are "set in stone".  They can't be altered in any way.  Even these boards are the same, nothing added or changed   It's a package deal.

@Kachina624 ANY computer program can be altered.  Don't be fooled that that old excuse.  And it is an excuse. A poor one, at that, but an excuse. 

Trusted Contributor

Every few years the Q has changed their website format, even these forums. They changed their "check out" format not too long ago, also the pages showing your past orders.

Just thought I'd ask if they would keep my issue in mind for the next time they revise their website again in the future, which I realize could be several years down the road.

Esteemed Contributor

@DottieBlue  is it something you can get from someplace else? If not, maybe you might have to have it sent to you and then you send it to your friend. That would be extra for shipping but it might be worth it.

Hope it works out.

Trusted Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@DottieBlue  is it something you can get from someplace else? If not, maybe you might have to have it sent to you and then you send it to your friend. That would be extra for shipping but it might be worth it.

Hope it works out.

Thank you for your post.  I think I got it addressed OK as I squeezed both names on the form and left off the name of the facility.  I was trying to save a little money on shipping and not have to make a trip to the Post Office.

Other companies do have better formats for their "Send To" addresses, and I'll shop elsewhere before I send another package from QVC to this particular address in the future.

Take care and stay well.