New Contributor

On 6/1  I returned a pair of Linea mixed media crop pants for a different size. I had the matching blouse and was going to wear them to an event. Heard nothing - checked tracking and finally 6/11 my return had arrived in PA. Waited. Waited. Called customer service and she wasn’t sure about my order, and said if going from petite to regular it might be a problem. I Asked it just be returned. She wasn’t sure if that could be done, might exchange, need to wait and see how it is processed. I emailed customer service - never received a response.  On 6/25 gave up and returned blouse, and today, 6/26, I received a credit for the pants. I sent the pants 6/1 and credit given 6/26. The pants I wanted were available- from 6/1 to 6/26. Still are. Obviously I got another outfit at the mall - very nice and good price for the event 6/28. Thought ordering 6/1 be sufficient time to get an outfit. Wrong!!

It seems QVC encourages exchanges- new color, size - easy return - those are nice words. The reality is what they do. And by what they do - they don’t care about service.

Easy return? Seriously?

Esteemed Contributor

Instead of sending it back on your own you should have called customer service first.

A lace dress I ordered came damaged.I called c.s. on Monday & explained that I needed the dress for a wedding next week.They expedited a new one out to me.In the meantime I sent the defective one back.I just got the replacement today, Wednesday!! 

I’m sorry you had a bad experience.

Super Contributor
Spoiler
Unfortunately, I’ve learned, from experience, with several companies (Not QVC),if you’re exchanging clothing, shoes, etc, it’s much better to,just order the item you want, and send the item you have, back for a refund. 

Yes, it means you have to place another order, but chance for a mistake, is less.  

I’m guessing, especially, because of the volume these companies do, exchanges are much more involved, than  refunds, and errors 
are more likely!

Sure its irritating,,but alas, mistakes happen.

Honored Contributor

Re: Service Disaster

[ Edited ]

It doesn't seem to work well if a different item number is involved, even though it's the same item.  

Respected Contributor

I have decided to never request an exchange again. I've tried several times to simple exchange an item but instead, I'm given a refund. There is definetely a disconnect with QVC's Exchange Policy. Not sure why.

Respected Contributor

Re: Service Disaster

[ Edited ]

I have discovered that it is best to call CS before sending item back.  The CS representative informed me that if the item has a different Item number then there could be a price difference between the regular and petite depending on the item...I ordered a H by Halston Dress (petite) and it was too short for my taste and I sent it back requesting the same size but in (regular). 

I noticed the order was returned and I was mailed out the regular dress but at a higher price (I purchased as a Lunchtime special sale price).  I called CS again and the representative explained the issue but was nice enough to fix the price.  Now I always check the price difference and item availability before sending back...if it is an item I really want then I will call CS to see if they can help...I am sorry you had the bad experience...

I have sent items back to QVC but discovered the post office will hold the item until it is picked up (one item was in the possession of USPS for over 10 days before heading back)..learned that if the item was going to NC then the pick-up was only once a week and if it was going to PA then the pickup would be sooner...

Respected Contributor

@GAQShopr53:  Great advice. Thank you!