Occasional Contributor

Selling Products It Can’t Deliver or Not in Stock

This is the second time this is happened. I ordered an item, received no indication that it was not in stock, received a expected shipment date of 1125, and then on 1126 received a letter saying there was a delay.

These things happen, however, because they are boots for the cold weather and it is now cold,  I need the boots. I went to cancel the order because they can't. tell me when they will be delivered only to find out I cannot cancel the order. I just have to wait when I receive the boots I can then inconvenience myself to return the item to QVC, which apparently has substantial delays in processing returns as indicated on their webpage. This means they keep my money longer and I am concerned about this practice. 

They should not sell items if they cannot expect to deliver when expected and communicated or they should tell you if there is a delay before you place the order as their system automatically puts it in process and cancellation is not possible even by a customer service representative.

I am waiting for a call from a customer service supervisor, but this practice is very concerning And it's probably not in keeping with fair trade practices.

Contributor

Re: Selling Products It Can’t Deliver or Not in Stock

I am so with you on this. Ordered a Kim Gravel sweater and 14 days later it was still "In Process" and no option to cancel. I did email the QVC Social Team. They responded very quickly. No reason they could find why order had not shipped. They contacted the warehouse to release the order. Moving right along, ordered the Cougar Waterproof Boots on 11/15. Still says "In Process" and cannot cancel. Social Team said there was a delay in shipping these out but don't know why. This is crazy. How can you do business like this? Like you, I want my boots. Deliver them or let me cancel them. 

I ordered 4 Christmas gifts on a Sunday (3 from Amazon and 1 from backcountry.com). All 4 were delivered by that Wednesday and free shipping to boot.

Honored Contributor

@Trish in VA    You have a valid complaint, however, it's highly unlikely anyone except customers will see your complaint.  If you wish to bring it to management's attention, here is an address and phone number to contact.  They have a person who takes complaints.  There is no email address.

Screenshot_20220818-095742_kindlephoto-349887752.png

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I totally agree. The same thing happened to me. Then, they notified me they could no longer deliver the item. Why would you sell som that is not available. I've been shopping with QVC since 1986 and now looking for bargains some place else. They are going to lose customers because of these actions not to mention about the Q card interest rate increase. I can go many other places and get fast service, free shipping and returns and will do just that.

Honored Contributor

@Carol in Maryland wrote:

I totally agree. The same thing happened to me. Then, they notified me they could no longer deliver the item. Why would you sell som that is not available. I've been shopping with QVC since 1986 and now looking for bargains some place else. They are going to lose customers because of these actions not to mention about the Q card interest rate increase. I can go many other places and get fast service, free shipping and returns and will do just that.

I agree with all the previous posters.  Do not sell what is not available for immediate shipment.

And Carol, there are PLENTY of places for bargains--QVC is NOT the place.  My inbox has been bombarded with them!!

Honored Contributor

@Trish in VA  I believe you will not be billed until they ship.

Contributor

It is true that you will not be billed until the order ships. But to me by not allowing you to cancel after waiting more than a reasonable amount of time (10 days or more) for shipping they are "locking you in" to taking delivery of an order you may no longer need or have purchased elsewhere. Then if you want to return the order, if you ever do get it, you have paid for the shipping and then the return fee. I think if they  won't allow you to cancel under these circumstances then you should be refunded all shipping and return fees if you no longer want the item.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette , This is true but by then I have already bought the item elsewhere and then have to go to the trouble of mailing back and waiting forever for my refund. 

Respected Contributor

This reminds me of Jill Martin's sherpa thingee she had a TSV for last October.  Shipping delays were major news and she assured in every presentation that they were in stock and ready to ship.  By mid-December, when mine still had not shipped, I gave up and cancelled.  My consolation was that it was for me and not a gift I was counting on giving to someone.  Anymore, you just never know, and I buy very few gifts from QVC any more for that reason, you just can't count on them.  And, people lie. 

Super Contributor

If I may give my two cents... I haven't order from QVC in several months. Still, the last few orders that I got from them, I noticed that the items were being shipped from different parts of the country. Maybe this has something to do with the delays? Maybe QVC can't know what other companies' warehouses have in stock? I agree that it's a problem. QVC needs to upgrade their system to coincide with other companies or something so that everyone's ducks are in a row.