Esteemed Contributor

I am trying to figure out how my Scott Living TSV order that I placed at midnight is listed as an Advanced Order.

I have cut way back on my QVC shopping. In fact this is only my second order for the year and this is what I get. Do you no longer consider me an important customer and just switched my order around for someone that orders more frequently? No, I do not really believe that by I am sure that you understand how a customer could feel that way. 

I do want to understand how an order placed at midnight is in Advanced Order Status.

Honored Contributor

Re: Scott Living TSV Question

That is a great question

Esteemed Contributor

Now I am really annoyed. I just spoke to an incompetent Customer Service representative who tried to explain to me that I ordered the sheets on Advanced order. Ummm... Let me get this straight you order the TSV a little after midnight and that is now considered Advanced Order. Never Mind. 

Respected Contributor

If you ordered the "watercolor" that was an advanced order.

If you ordered any of the other colors, the Q must of received only a partial order and the balance must be on the way to the warehouse or possibly held up in customs, or not quality checked, who knows but I found out just because you were possibly 1st in line doesn't mean anything.

Also who knows if they were ever destined for the Q warehouse, these products could have their own "supplier" and the orders are just sent to the fulfillment warehouse and the Q never receives the product themselves....also known as a drop shipment.

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

If you ordered the "watercolor" that was an advanced order.

If you ordered any of the other colors, the Q must of received only a partial order and the balance must be on the way to the warehouse or possibly held up in customs, or not quality checked, who knows but I found out just because you were possibly 1st in line doesn't mean anything.

Also who knows if they were ever destined for the Q warehouse, these products could have their own "supplier" and the orders are just sent to the fulfillment warehouse and the Q never receives the product themselves....also known as a drop shipment.

@Just Bling

I actually ordered Sea Glass, but Your explanation makes sense. I have decided to take a chill pill and step back. They are only sheets. (smile) I will get them when I get them. 

Frequent Contributor

I also ordered my sheets (Taupe) at midnight and in the morning I saw my order was  advance order.  However, on TV they weren't saying anything was advance order except for the Watercolor.  I don't care if something won't ship for a week because they didn't get their required inventory in time for the TSV air date.  I do feel QVC should be upfront with us that the item won't ship for a week.  Some people purchase things for a gift or to take on a trip and expect it to arrive in time.  

QVC Customer Care

Hi @icezeus I sent you an email concerning your order.

Esteemed Contributor

@JK7 wrote:

I also ordered my sheets (Taupe) at midnight and in the morning I saw my order was  advance order.  However, on TV they weren't saying anything was advance order except for the Watercolor.  I don't care if something won't ship for a week because they didn't get their required inventory in time for the TSV air date.  I do feel QVC should be upfront with us that the item won't ship for a week.  Some people purchase things for a gift or to take on a trip and expect it to arrive in time.  

@JK7

I feel the same way. It's not something that I need right away, but something is obviously very wrong if you have people ordering items at Midnight and they check their account and the items have miraculously been moved to Advanced Order. The proper thing to do would be to send out an e-mail informing your customers that perhaps the shipment did not come in, problems with manufacturing. I don't know, but you need to tell your customers something. They sold 75,000 of those sheet sets because I watched the last presentation. Is everyone in the same predicament?

Esteemed Contributor

@Alice-QVC

I have responded to your e-mail.

Super Contributor

Interesting......the same thing happened with my order.  I thought I had missed them saying it was an Advance Order, but evidently not.  It is irritating all the same.  My reaction was the same as yours, am I not important enough to be part the first shipment?

Hope this doesn't become the norm.