Super Contributor

Same item, different item numbers, very different prices

[ Edited ]

Not so much as a question, as I'm pointing out a discrepancy in the prices for the same item.

If you were watching Down Home With David last night there was an HP printer (https://www.qvc.com/HP-Envy-5055-Wireless-All-in-One-Printer-with-Voucher) featured at the top of the show, "David's Down Home Deal". This is the first photo, and the video is from last nights show. The second photo was from the QVC suggestions at the bottom of the page (https://www.qvc.com/HP-ENVY-5055-All-in-One-Printer). The reviews for the printer were not on the item page last night so, I just Googled it. They were pretty good so, I bought it. Today, the "review stars" are high for the printer on sale but, there's no reviews to back them up (this shows when I go to the item from my order page, yet not searching it, which is odd), and the other printer has bad reviews. 

The prices are very different. The item descriptions are identical, as are the photos. The term "wireless" is used in one title but, they are both wireless, as they are the same printer.  I just need a basic printer, and the sale price was right. But, now I'm considering canceling due to the bad reviews on here. The only thing stopping me is the great reviews elsewhere.

fullsizeoutput_2256.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2254.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Same item, different item numbers, very different prices

If you read the text they are different models 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

If you read the text they are different models 

@I am still oxox 

From what I see they are the exact same model number.  It says Envy 5055 right under the item number on both pictures.

Esteemed Contributor

That price difference is pretty crazy; I'm not sure who is going to pay $150 for a printer like this one. The sets of specifications given are virtually identical, with just one or two tiny variations in the list that are more likely the result of mistyping or alternate typing than actual differences in the machines. The poor reviews would not concern me at all, as they seem typical for most printers and/or are fairly vague. If other people online reviewed this item positively, that would be a good sign. (And I know this isn't directly helpful, but I have a very similar HP printer that has been working wonderfully for three years.)

All in all, a very interesting find, @Ane1Care...

Trusted Contributor

Top one says wireless, bottom one does not, other than that did not read description on each

Valued Contributor

PLUS almost $15 shipping on the more expensive one vs FREE ship on the cheaper one - holy buckets!  Good find!!