Contributor

Sales Tax Overcharge w/No Response From QVC

I have bought from QVC since the ‘80s and have introduced many to the Q. I moved a few years ago and noticed this summer that I was being overcharged for sales tax. I called customer service multiple times this summer to explain the problem and asked many times for a supervisor but none were ever “available”. I finally got someone to give me a physical address to mail a copy of a document written by my county government with the sales tax I should be charged when shipping items to my address. I mailed that letter over a month ago and followed up with a few calls but to no avail. It appears that customer service isn’t interested in helping me resolve this issue. The question I asked CS last week is still unanswered: what else does the Q need in addition to a letter from my local government to have the correct tax charged? I don’t understand the lack of desire to resolve this issue.

Honored Contributor

Re: Sales Tax Overcharge w/No Response From QVC

My guess is that the charging of sales tax is beyond the scope of customer service.  It would need to be investigated by someone at the corporate level; there is undoubtedly a department, perhaps in legal or accounting, that makes those determinations.  I'd try a snail mail letter with your documentation to QVC Corporate.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My guess is that the charging of sales tax is beyond the scope of customer service.  It would need to be investigated by someone at the corporate level; there is undoubtedly a department, perhaps in legal or accounting, that makes those determinations.  I'd try a snail mail letter with your documentation to QVC Corporate.

Yes, it absolutely is beyond their scope and someone in CS said the tax department handles that issue but then would not transfer me. They would not transfer me to anyone, including a supervisor. That is why I also sent a letter to corporate last month with my government documentation. No response. Very frustrating. 

QVC Customer Care

@C from Bama I apologize for this frustration. We've forwarded your issue to our Tax Dept. We expect someone to contact you shortly. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com if you don't hear back in a day or two. Cindy, QVC

Contributor

@Cindy-QVC wrote:

@C from Bama I apologize for this frustration. We've forwarded your issue to our Tax Dept. We expect someone to contact you shortly. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com if you don't hear back in a day or two. Cindy, QVC

Wanted to update my post to say that I finally got my issue resolved. Thank you to whoever figured out the resolution to my problem! I started ordering from QVC again today (I was not ordering until problem resolved). Smiley Happy