Honored Contributor

Re: SYNCHRONY BANK-Letter about Overpayments

When you over pay ending in a negative balance, the refund check, envelope, and postage cost them money.

Honored Contributor

@Triple3    Your method of paying your bill is undoubtedly causing excessive bookkeeping costs and may be creating chaos with their computer.  I don't understand why you'd do this and be deliberately uncooperative after being asked not to do it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Right -  plus the cost of employee time              and it all adds up to more than most people think it would.

Esteemed Contributor

If the Bank says their SYSTEM can not handle excess payments, which part of that don't you understand. If your balance is $100 and you pay $120, don't you see the problem? Do you expect  for them to put it aside for you? It does not work that way.

No QVC has no say on how the Bank handles it's business.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is an outdated antiquated bank.

Any modern financial servicer could handle this with qreat facility and no problem.  No humans should be involved. 

It's no longer 1972 ladies.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I do is pay my balance the first of every month and then every Friday pay a little so I don't have so much to pay the first of the month.  Depends if I over did the easy pays.  I just never carry a balance.

I have cut myself off until my September easy pays are paid next month.  I will be dropping off more easy pays.  Seems like they go on forever sometimes. 

I don't see why you would pay more than you have to or want to.

Honored Contributor

It's odd Synchrony won't let you have a negative balance on your account.  It's revolving credt after all - your charges in the next thirty days are likely to return the positive balance.  If they don't, and you consistently run a negative balance, consider for future charges whether you really need Easy Pay.

A real credit card, like Visa or MasterCard, would have no problem with a negative balance. That's money in their pocket, not yours.  The problem is that Q Card, administered by Synchrony, is not a real credit card - e.g. you can't use it for purchases at other merchants (right?).  It's like a Macy's or Kohl's card.  With a card like that, the merchant (QVC) and its credit administrator (Synchrony) make up the rules   

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

"It's no longer 1972 ladies."

Isn't that presumptuous? And more than a tad condescending?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC Ladies!

Oh QVC Ladies!

You Have Me in Stitches

While You Spend Your Riches!

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

QVC Ladies!

Oh QVC Ladies!

You Have Me in Stitches

While You Spend Your Riches!

Image result for nervous cat gif

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.