Honored Contributor

Re: STOP SENDING ME USED/RETURNS

I've been shopping with QVC for decades now (first in the U.K. and then here).  In all those years, I've never received an item of clothing (or anything else really) that arrived in poor condition.

I've ordered a ton of stuff, mostly clothing, from the "As Is" section and very often what I receive is clearly new, tags still attached.  I figure they're either clearing out a line or someone returned it because it didn't fit or didn't suit.  Yes, it's repackaged, but still in perfect condition.

If I'd had the kind of luck some claim, I'd have stopped shopping with the Q many, many years ago.

-----

Oh, I did once get an item that was a return:  it was a meat slicer that my DH just had to have.  I know it was a return, because it still had the guy's return slip in the box!  That was it, in decades of shopping.  (QVC immediately apologized, told me to toss it and shipped me out a brand new one.  That still sits in the basement to this day because DH has never used it!)

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Funny,just because something hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others.Luck of the draw I guess.🤷‍♀️

@NicksmomESQ  Exactly. I once posted about getting a pair of dirty Kim Gravel jeans that didn't even have the tags and received a number of bullying responses.  It doesn't matter if you say you got 1 used item or dozens.  The same 2 or 3 self-annointed experts feel the need to lecture and accuse.  Apparently because it has never happened to them, it could never possibly happen to anyone else ever.

Honored Contributor

@eaesquire - I think that most of us can believe that some customers occasionally get a clearly returned item.

It's when someone (and, sorry, it's often a new poster) claims that everything they've received has been "used, bad smelling, hairy" that some of us tend to disbelieve it.  Having to return "two boxes" of items?  That's some unusually bad luck.  

I've never known QVC not to take care of any issues, including not charging for the return shipping, if an item was defective (and, yes, used and in dirty condition would qualify as defective).

But...maybe there really are customers who are just jinxed.  In which case, it's better to shop at a B&M store so s(he) can see the item before purchasing it.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia  No doubt some people need to stick to the brick and mortar stores.  That's the only way one can hold the item in their hands and examine it before they buy  At the store, we can make sure the tags are on and that the item is clean and undamaged.  One would hope that QVC does that with returns, but it seems they don't. If I was getting volumes of QVC throw-away items, I'd go back to shopping in person.

Trusted Contributor

In the 36/37 years of shopping @ QVC, I have had very good luck.

I had only one item that was clearly used and they sent it to me. 

It was a Dooney & Bourke bag that reeked of perfume and had a small bottle of Nest perfume inside. 

I called CS and they sent out a new one. I am not paying a new price for a used bag, but they took care of it promptly. 

I am usually impressed with how pristine almost all of the merch is sent. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have received a few things....most I bought "as is"....

I got one pair of capris from D & C and those were obviously washed...but I rewashed them and kept them anyway...

Honored Contributor

@eaesquire wrote:

Funny,just because something hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others.Luck of the draw I guess.🤷‍♀️

@NicksmomESQ  Exactly. I once posted about getting a pair of dirty Kim Gravel jeans that didn't even have the tags and received a number of bullying responses.  It doesn't matter if you say you got 1 used item or dozens.  The same 2 or 3 self-annointed experts feel the need to lecture and accuse.  Apparently because it has never happened to them, it could never possibly happen to anyone else ever.

@eaesquire 

Many/most clothing items I order do NOT have tags and I order all my clothes from QVC.

The only lines I order that have tags is WCC, BFD and Laurie Felt.

Just because they don't have tags does NOT mean they are not new from the factory.

The way you can tell if an item was a return is by the bag label.  Long rectangle, new.

Square label, previously returned.

Honored Contributor

@eaesquire wrote:

@Venezia  No doubt some people need to stick to the brick and mortar stores.  That's the only way one can hold the item in their hands and examine it before they buy  At the store, we can make sure the tags are on and that the item is clean and undamaged.  One would hope that QVC does that with returns, but it seems they don't. If I was getting volumes of QVC throw-away items, I'd go back to shopping in person.

LOL  as mentioned @eaesquire 

ALL retailers put returned items BACK on the rack.

I worked retail years ago.  The employee is responsible for checking it out....applying a new price tag, get a hanger and RIGHT back it goes!!

You also have NO way of knowing how many people before you tried on that garment.

The only advantage is that you get to see the condition first, but you don't know that item's history either!

Esteemed Contributor

I only received a used item once that I am aware of.   I had purchased an expensive, new leather handbag.   When it arrived it had half eaten candy and empty candy wrappers inside.  Gross!   Of course, I sent it back.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I've gotten used items quite a few times. I got clothing that was worn, stained & sent to me rolled up in a ball. I called CS each time & was able to send the items back for either a refund or exchange. I never had to pay for those returns, QVC covered all shipping charges.

@NicksmomESQ    Funny how, some big shoppers have never received an unsatisfactory return and others claim to get many of them. 

Even funnier is that it's usually a first time poster with these complaints who registers that very day. And their situations are always so extraordinarily dramatic!!! 😲 And maybe not every time, but 9 times out of 10 there's never a response back to the post and you never hear another peep out of them. Funny, huh?

There's always a method to this madness. Woman Wink