Regular Contributor

SHOWS IN STOCK WHEN ORDERED THEN ON BACKORDER

I ordered an on sale Vince Camuto bag last night 3/11, on QVC2 program that Amy Stran was hosting, she talked about this bag the whole show,  and it showed in stock.  I check on this first thing this morning and then shows ON BACKORDER.  I do a chat and the rep just gives me a standard answer is that it can show in stock and when processing starts go to backorder???? Why would I order an item that I want right away and then it goes to BACKORDER???? It MAY come back in stock in 2-3 weeks????? I am done with this misinformation on QVC when it comes to extended ordering and your company shows an item in stock but then it isn't in stock??? This is not fair to the customer if they expect the item to be shipped timely.  Your have a serious problem with your inventory systems and I am going to rethink doing businss with qvc in the future.   

Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOWS IN STOCK WHEN ORDERED THEN ON BACKORDER

[ Edited ]

The same thing happened to me. I ordered a pair of Earth Mary Janes last month that showed "in stock". The order went to "In Process" for a few days then went to back order status. This pattern was repeated SIX TIMES (!) over the course of 2 weeks. One call to Customer Service and several emails to the Social Team yielded the same stock response. I ended up cancelling the order.

Last Saturday I ordered a LOGO dress which was in stock according to the website; it was in process until yesterday when it went to "backorder". I'm going to give it until Saturday to ship; if it doesn't, I'll cancel as well.

QVC needs to stop selling merchandise they don't have in inventory. They should not show an item as being in stock if it isn't. If they expect it within 45 days, offer it on "Waitlist" up front. It's as simple as that. There's no good reason to jerk customers around

like that.

If the Customer Care personnel are monitoring these forums, perhaps they should elevate feedback to upper management. This is happening too often. I hope that whoever replaces Mike George does something about this issue, and the entire shipping process as well. They can't use the pandemic as an excuse anymore; these issues have been around for a long time.

Honored Contributor

I think in many of these cases the merchandise is scheduled to arrive for the show but is delayed.  In his recent annual report to stockholders, CEO Mike George cited shipping problems including lack of docking space at West Coast ports as a cause for many delays.  There isn't a thing they can do to speed it up.  It's a waiting game for everyone and the "new normal".   CS could mention it to callers but I imagine it would just generate a lengthy conversation. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

That situation can definitely be frustrating, but when an item's status is listed as "Back Order," it just means more inventory is on its way and the fulfillment timeline will be a bit delayed. It is often as simple as an issue like @Kachina624 mentioned with travel time for a truck to reach a warehouse. The lag time in the ordering system and connections with vendors often means the exact count of items available "immediately" can be off at times, but I've never had a backordered item not be delivered to me, and sometimes the status reverts to "In Process" and then "Preparing Your Order" within just a day or so.

(If an item goes to "Wait List," that's the time to worry—there is no guarantee you will ever get your item because QVC has no specific information indicating that they will be able to get the item back in stock.)

Occasional Contributor

I have had the very same problem with many items recently ordered.

It is frustrating.

I am hoping that my trust in QVC can be recovered very soon.