Trusted Contributor

Re: SERIOUS issues with QVC shipping & returns, does the company not care?

@Kachina624   Not to belabor my point but repeat that the receipt of the order I returned was acknowledged by QVC (aabout 2 weeks after I mailed it back to them, but whatever...). The issues was that AFTER then received the item it was an additional 2-3 weeks to receive the credit so I don't see what that would have to do with shipping/trucking/distribution?

I see a general lack of efficienc in QVC's accounting dept (however they process credits to a customer's CC acct) There seems to be no motivation and/or initiative from management  to make sure the customer is reimbursed PRONTO for the inconvenience of returning an item (that I understand) so he/she is made whole (as I repeat...AFTER the $6.95 AND S&H are deducted).  That would be unlike Amazon and, especially HSN where efficiency is king in crediting a customer's CC account!!  

Honored Contributor

@denese0628    Mike.George@qvc.com. CEO Qurate Retail Group

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Whenever I have a return that is taking a bit of time to process, I contact the QVC Socal Team and it is done immediately.  Of course, I also use the Q shipping label, so they can track the process of my item online immediately as well. 

If you are using your own shipping labels, that may be the issue.  You will have to wait for the item to be opened, reviewed, processed, paperwork checked against order, etc.  I know there was a major slowdown with the virus, but hopefully there will be improvements over the next few months.

Super Contributor

@denese0628 

Agreed, just the time it takes to ship an order (the constant "processing your order") is unreal.  I can order an $8 tshirt from Target with free shipping and get it in two days, but with QVC we have to pay shipping and it takes forever to process and ship the orders.  THEN there are returns, not only the unbelievable return shipping prices per item, but also the time it takes to process them.  You would think with all the "handling" charges we pay for that they would have it together. 

The only time I buy something is if I absolutely cannot find the item elsewhere or if a price is significantly better.  Lately I have bought a few things that I saw on QVC at other retailers and will continue to do that and keep my purchases with the Q as low as possible given all the issues.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@denese0628   You wrote a very nice letter but unfortunately it is mostly just other customers who will see it.  Perhaps you should forward it in an email to corporate headquarters. 

You can't compare QVC to stores that have a physical presence and must have merchandise in a store in order to sell it.  An online retailer operates completely differently.  Here's one of the current problems causing delays in shipping orders. 

Screenshot_20210527-151255_Chrome.jpg

How come NO other merchant has these issues?  I seem to get stuff WAY sooner than I expected from alot of others and even got stuff from Turkey in one week without bumping up shipping.  I guess you're a QVC employee?

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@denese0628   @pdlinda    Yes, returns are an issue.  Without knowing something about the operation of the warehouse, there's no telling what the problems is.  Maybe they're giving preference to outgoing orders, who knows?

I would wager BIG on that one.  hahahaha!!!!!  Smiley Happy

Now, I do believe that people are too quick to return.   JMO

That is to say that folks in general.  Not singling anyone out on here.

Esteemed Contributor

@denese0628 

Excellent letter.........................make sure corp. headquaters sees it!

Esteemed Contributor

@77yangya .. I agree with you 100%.  Every other online vendor I deal with ships items quickly.   If there is a return the credits are also given quickly ... In fact Amazon issues the refund as soon as the item is dropped off at a UPS facility or Kohl's.   There is no excuse for an order to be "in process" for up to 10 days or more (with no option to cancel)  or for a refund to take weeks after they receive the returned item.  

Super Contributor

@77yangya  Seriously, this seems like something a QVC employee would post to defend them.  No other retailers have these shipping problems, so I doubt that it has anything to do with delays at the ports.

Honored Contributor

I have been able to cancel two of my long delayed orders with QVC.  Cannot do so with two others.  One has gone from being "in process" to "back order" several times.  Since that one is now back to being in process, I can't cancel.  

The other supposedly shipped 10 days ago and has been within 200 miles of my home, and just going nowhere!

I shop online quite often and haven't had problems with any other etailers.