Contributor

SERIOUS issues with QVC shipping & returns, does the company not care?

[ Edited ]

Dear QVC,

Lately, it is becoming usual for orders to be delayed for 1-2 weeks before they ship out.  Additionally, when I return items, 3 weeks later I have to contact customer service to check on the status.  They have typically reached your distribution center and then they sit for weeks before the return is acknowledged and a refund issued.  If I didn't call to follow up, it might take months to process the returns.

This is a disgrace for a company that only does business online.  I frequently order from Macys, Belk, Anthropologie, Target, Amazon, I could go on. .. and my orders are shipped within 1 or 2 days, sometimes the same day, and I receive the merchandise quickly.  If I return items, the refunds are issued quickly as well, often before they even receive the return.

With the technology currently available, it doesn't make sense to wait for refunds.  Everything is electronic and it's just not true that the bank is delaying a credit.

There seems to be a breakdown in your system.  I don't know what your issues are but, if you value your customers, I hope they are resolved soon.  

Best,

**This post has been edited for posting person information**

Occasional Contributor

Re: SERIOUS issues with QVC shipping & returns, does the company not care?

This is not a new issue it has been going on for far to long. I do not know the reasons, hopefully it will get better.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denese0628   You wrote a very nice letter but unfortunately it is mostly just other customers who will see it.  Perhaps you should forward it in an email to corporate headquarters. 

You can't compare QVC to stores that have a physical presence and must have merchandise in a store in order to sell it.  An online retailer operates completely differently.  Here's one of the current problems causing delays in shipping orders. 

Screenshot_20210527-151255_Chrome.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@denese0628 Not a good idea to post your name on a public board.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

I get the part about the problems with the distribution chain.  The part that bemuddles and befuddles me is the time lapse between them receiving the return and the actual posting of the refund (less the S&H fee and the return fee).

It took 3 calls to CS lasting over 2 WEEKS for me to FINALLY get the $$ for the return posted to my bank account after I returned an item.  

If I didn't make the calls, I wonder if the credit would ever have been sent.

Esteemed Contributor

@denese0628 

Excellent letter and for those of us who regularly order from QVC, believe me we feel your pain. 

I am not a poster who will say I am never going to order from QVC again until the problem is fixed. However, I have decided to pretty much put them on pause until they fix their issues.

If I am unable to find the item online then I will purchase at QVC. For example the Curie Clay Mask that I wanted this morning and could not find, so I had to order from the Q.

It should not be this way, but it is. I am still waiting on a TSV that I ordered almost two weeks ago that still has not shipped. This latest incident is what made me decide to place them on pause.

Lastly, please remove your last name from your letter that you posted. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denese0628   @pdlinda    Yes, returns are an issue.  Without knowing something about the operation of the warehouse, there's no telling what the problems is.  Maybe they're giving preference to outgoing orders, who knows?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Thank you all for your input.  I understand there were recent problems with distribution delays, however, the products I ordered that had delayed shipping were in stock. My returns are received at QVC's distribution center in 2-3 days, the problem is that 2-3 weeks later, they are still not processed.  

Many of you mention that this situation is ongoing, that is my point.  True, I don't know what is going on in their their business but why have none of the issues been addressed by the company after all this time?  Many of the instore retailers are now operating mostly online.  They have their own distribution centers and they manage to process orders and returns in a timely matter most of the time.  Glitches do happen but not at the frequency I'm experiencing them at QVC..  

I will send a letter to their CEO.  It will have to be via U.S. mail because I can't find an email address and he is not on linked in.

At one point, I had problems with orders at HSN (the sister company) and contacted their CEO.  I got an immediate response from corporate and they went out of their way to rectify the situation.  But it should not have to come to that to resolve day to day issues within their operation.  

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@denese0628 

Excellent letter and for those of us who regularly order from QVC, believe me we feel your pain. 

I am not a poster who will say I am never going to order from QVC again until the problem is fixed. However, I have decided to pretty much put them on pause until they fix their issues.

If I am unable to find the item online then I will purchase at QVC. For example the Curie Clay Mask that I wanted this morning and could not find, so I had to order from the Q.

It should not be this way, but it is. I am still waiting on a TSV that I ordered almost two weeks ago that still has not shipped. This latest incident is what made me decide to place them on pause.

Lastly, please remove your last name from your letter that you posted. 

FYI, I did a search and found Curie's website. They had the Clay Mask for $16.00.

Honored Contributor

@denese0628    You made good points.  I've reluctantly just canceled two orders, due to the delays.  Both items were in stock, when I placed them.  A month has passed, and the orders that were "in process" haven't moved.  

customers will move....we will move on and purchase elsewhere.