Esteemed Contributor
Accepted Solution

Rules of Posting --- other retailers

Just curious.  I have seen lots of different posts that seem to feature or advertise other retai\lers.  If someone wanted to mention another company is that okay?  If someone posted pictures from another company is that okay?  Email address or contact??

Often I mention a place I have bought something.  Doesn't seem to matter and then often I see a notice that something has been REMOVED for posting.  Not sure what is allowed and what is not since there seems to be a variation in what is removed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Rules of Posting --- other retailers

@bonnielu  Links and coupon codes are usually what gets a post removed.

Posting a picture of a product can be an issue if you are linking the photo from the retailers website.  If you want to post a photo of a product, it is best to save a copy of the photo to your computer and upload it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

You can talk about any retailer you want.  It's posting a link that gets the thread removed.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, I got really confused because I have seen posts that are a page long or more showing off clothing for SOMEWHERE ELSE.  And then often I see the REMOVAL for something that is a one liner.   Gets confusing.  Actually I have no intention of doing anything but mentioning when a question is asked about where to find a particular kind of item.  I often shop catalog or at Walmart, Costco, etc and offer my suggestions for WHERE TO FIND.... 

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

You can talk about any retailer you want.  It's posting a link that gets the thread removed.

@GCR18is correct.

no links that directly go to retailer websites

no photos that go directly to retailer websites (upload them and then post the photo)

no coupon codes to any websites

it doesnt matter if it is something qvc sells or not.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @bonnielu.

To the left of this screen you'll see Welcome Get Started under Community Menu, and Standards under Quick Links.

ALL of your good questions are answered there. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've seen examples where links to other retailers stay up for days.  They need to be more consistent when removing them; otherwise, it appears that some links are okay.  

Something like a link to another retailer ought to be simple enough to keep up with no matter who is moderating, but I think it shows these forums go long periods of time without any moderation.

Esteemed Contributor

This thread is a good example to illustrate how some websites are okay:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Love-the-new-pointy-nail-look-have-you-seen-any-press-on-nails/t...

Writing the URL viewyourdeal.com is apparently within standards even though it takes you to items for sale at another website.  They've left that up all night and day. I'd appreciate if a moderator @Beth-QVC could comment here to explain why writing viewyourdeal.com is okay but other retail sites with .com after them have been deleted in the past.