Rude employees for sure - charging me twice

QVC is changing twice, through my card and through my bank account.  It has resulted in overdraft fees.  I have a copy of the bank statement but no one sees that my bank account was charged and there is no way to send them a copy of the chagres.  Nove 14 they tried twice and I have two $37.00 Overdraft fees.  They are bllling ONE United Bank.  This really sucks, but when I file a small claims court case, everyone will start to call me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Rude employees for sure - charging me twice

@MsBERT    Have you called your bank about the charges?  QVC, like most online merchants, does a temporary hold when you first place the order to ascertain that the account is valid.   This hold drops off in a few days according to the policy of the bank.  Once your order ships, you are actually charged.  You need to talk to your bank!!!

What happened that makes you say an employee was rude?  Not getting what you want is not rudeness.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

How can QVC invoice your bank account directly????  The only way I can see your bank account being charged is if you sent a check.  Do you have a Debit card and a credit card attached to your QVC account.  Did you check your orders to see what payment method is attached to each of your orders to compare to the charges on your bank account.  The charges should have an order number associated.

Respected Contributor

Something is off with this post.  Either a made up story or it is legitimate and the OP has a bit of difficulty explaining what happened to us and to customer service.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@MsBERT wrote:

QVC is changing twice, through my card and through my bank account.  It has resulted in overdraft fees.  I have a copy of the bank statement but no one sees that my bank account was charged and there is no way to send them a copy of the chagres.  Nove 14 they tried twice and I have two $37.00 Overdraft fees.  They are bllling ONE United Bank.  This really sucks, but when I file a small claims court case, everyone will start to call me.

@MsBERT 

Who is "no one" sees my bank account was charged?  If it's on your bank statement, the bank can see it.  

"No way to send them a copy of the charges."

Who...QVC?  If you have a copy of your bank statement, you could send QVC a copy...but I wouldn't send such personal information to QVC.

How were QVC employees rude to you? 

The bank is the one you need to call to find out what is going on.  It is the one that charges you.

QVC Customer Care

@MsBERT wrote:

@MsBERT I am sorry you are having this trouble, please email us the order details to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com, we will do what we can to help. 

Susan

Esteemed Contributor

My understanding is they tried to present the charge twice. It was declined the first time, and then they did it again, and it resulted in two separate overdraft charges.

Correct me if I am wrong @MsBERT 

Contributor

This makes no sense at all.  

1. You can dispute the charges with your credit card company.  

2. You can send QVC a copy of your statement.  

3.  You set up your payment method.  If you didn't have enough money, it would be refused the first time and then resubmitted.  IT HAD TO HAVE BEEN REFUSED FOR LACK OF FUNDS FOR YOU TO BE CHARGED THE $37 OVERDRAFT FEES.  You were charged the overdraft fees twice so you did not have enough money to purchase the item even once.  Why would you purchase something without the money to pay?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 I can almost guarantee that will not hear from the OP.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

I'm confused.  It it was one QVC charge, then the QVC amount should be covered and one $37 charge for overdraft, unless the charge to QVC was covered, and because there weren't enough funds in the account, it charged the overdraft fee, and then the overdraft fee charge caused another payment to "bounce", which triggered another overdraft fee.

Maybe there is an overdraft fee for EACH charge that the bank had to cover.  I don't think they just cover all the items that "bounce", with one fee, but charge a fee for every one?

I think I need more information.  Or maybe it was for two items on the same order done with EZ pays, and each item's EZ pay charge was separate, and if the funds weren't there, it triggered two overdraft fees.

I'm not sure, but I think the bank tries the largest incoming charge first, in order to charge the consumer the most in fees.  Say you have 10 charges of $10 each, and one charge of $200, and $180 in the bank, it will try the $200 charge first, and the each $10 charge after in order to access the overdraft multiple times and get as many fees as possible, instead of just running the 10 charges of $10 each (which would go through), and then the $200 charge last resulting in only one overdraft fee. 

......You look like I need a drink.....