New Contributor

I applied for Qcard in May and was suppose to get $20 credit with 1st purchase, I immediately made my 1st purchase and they WILL NOT GIVE ME MY $20 CREDIT! 

As much money as they make and they are that cheap and petty!

Super Contributor

Amy,

I had the same situation when I applied for the $40 promo.   Their reasoning was "this was my 2nd Q-card."     So what?   My first one expired, and I reapplied.  The fine print never stated anything about that.  I posted on the Forums that this was a scam.  Buyer beware. @AmyA 

Honored Contributor

@AmyA  My understanding is that once you make your 1st purchase, the $20 will then be available for a future purchase.  There have been posts about this here before.

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@AmyA  My understanding is that once you make your 1st purchase, the $20 will then be available for a future purchase.  There have been posts about this here before.

@Pookis correct.  I applied when they had a $75 credit.  You have to make your first purchase and then the credit will be applied to the future statement.   This will take several weeks to be applied, but it does happen.

Honored Contributor

@MarcyG72 wrote:

Amy,

I had the same situation when I applied for the $40 promo.   Their reasoning was "this was my 2nd Q-card."     So what?   My first one expired, and I reapplied.  The fine print never stated anything about that.  I posted on the Forums that this was a scam.  Buyer beware. @AmyA 

Q cards do NOT expire.  They can be cancelled for non-payment etc. but they do not have an expiration date like a normal credit card.  You do NOT get a new one every couple years.

The rules were clearly written it was for first time Q card applications only.  For whatever reason you no longer had your account, you did NOT qualify.

Sorry, but that is the truth.  NO SCAM.

Maybe the OP should be a little more specific in her post.  It is possible she ALSO was a repeat applicant and that is why she didn't get it.

Otherwise, contacting QVC to get it straightened out would be an easy solution.

Honored Contributor

The OP said she did make her first purchase.

I hope customer service gave her a better explanation than just a no.  Maybe she had a Q card before?

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@Pookis correct.  I applied when they had a $75 credit.  You have to make your first purchase and then the credit will be applied to the future statement.   This will take several weeks to be applied, but it does happen.

@Travone 

it does not get applied as a credit to a future statement.

it is applied as a qvc member credit that will appear as you check out with an order.

it does generally take a few weeks to be applied there and it usually DOES have an expiration date.

hopefully a QVC mod will see this and investigate and respond.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

How much money the Q makes has no bearing on your problem what so ever.

Did you call customer service and ask them politely what happened?  If not you might give it a try.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

From Q's Website--see below for current rules, not from May 2019 but it's always the same verbiage.   @AmyA ... so you made the purchase within the timeframe Q mentioned, and this is your first Q card?     

My card did "expire" contrary to what another uninformed poster wrote to me, but I had not used it for awhile since rarely buy from the Q therefore my account indicated "expired" and I reopened another (so legally that is not an existing card).   Amy, I would contact a supervisor and demand your $20--ensure you are speaking to QVC and not Synchrony Bank.

(1).  To qualify, you must open a QCard account during the specified offer period and make a purchase by ......

(2).  Offer is not valid for existing QCard holders....

Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:
myA

Q cards do NOT expire.

Sorry, but that is the truth.  NO SCAM.

@RespectLife      You are totally wrong.  They do expire for non-use.   Read the terms & conditions fine print before you guess.