Frequent Contributor

I bought a pair of shoes and a top at different times of the day. I was charged full price shipping for both and they were mailed in one packaged. That has never happen. Shipping was 9.00. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Ripped off with shipping

Yep, you are right.  That's the way they do it.   But to be fair, many places do it this way. Some places charge s/h based on total price.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

Whether or not we like the way QVC charges for shipping, we can know when we place the order what that shipping will cost.

I don't like hidden charges , but I've never finished a QVC order without knowing what its final cost would be.   The S&H is not hidden.

Respected Contributor

You didn't get ripped off because you knew the shipping costs before you ordered...many Q items are shipped together in 1 box, it's nothing new.

Honored Contributor

@Fionna You were NOT "ripped off."  Your total is shown before you finalize the purchase.

If you didn't bother to look, that's on YOU.

Respected Contributor

I  also believe handling is part of it. Something like an eyeliner pencil still costs $3.50 to ship even though light in weight. Many other  on line retailers bundle together. I dont mind, as less waste in packaging but some dont like that way either and want each item in an individual package. Lately, I only order what may not be around on a free ship day.

Honored Contributor

Personally that's why I don't buy stuff like that on qvc  I remember back in the day paying 3@ for every color pencil I ordered   I ordered 3 pencils and the were 3@  that was 9 bucks to ship something so light you can barely feel it.  I order all that stuff from the brand itself or Sephora , Macy's or nordie   Usually free shipping for a boatload of pencils  lol

Honored Contributor

I think Qvc may have all the packages boxed and ready to go.  The vendor sends them to qvc like that.  So it's not like they pull each color of pencil out and put in one bag.  It's a system that can be improved at qvc, but maybe would be very hard.  Most vendor items come to warehouse ready to ship  when we order they send an order to warehouse  employee prints label and slaps on box or bag.  

Respected Contributor

Shipping size is calculated by weight and size of the box. If they sent two items in one box, it would weigh more and likely need a larger box than if they sent one item alone.

Honored Contributor

You were not ripped off.  You knew what the S&H costs were for each item.  That's why we have choices.  You chose to complete your order with full knowledge.