Honored Contributor

Re: Ripped off with shipping

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

Shipping size is calculated by weight and size of the box. If they sent two items in one box, it would weigh more and likely need a larger box than if they sent one item alone.

Not really true for every company though.  I wanted to purchase a light silky blouse from one company and they were charging $15.99 to ship it.  I inquired as to why the s&h was so high and I was told the charge is determined by the price of the item.  

Honored Contributor

@ the items are stacked or in bins with many already in packages.    therefore if you order two of one kind they ship seprately, because that's the way they come from vendor.  Some items QVC has in their warehouse in bins, not wrapped to ship  those they can combine shipping on. Or the used to.  Their shipping is not what it costs to ship, they add packaging, label and employee time on to tat shipping fee.  He sent shipping and handling.  3.00 is the minimum shipping fee.   .  A featherlight pencil costs te same as a small piece of jewelry that weighs more.

years ago when I was accepted for consideration in a vendor program I read all the info on selling and shipping.  Interesting.  In the long run  the vendor does not always pay outright for shipping.  Because qvc reaches a vast  audience and sales are larger than any vendor could get at one time, they also sell a little bit different.   So, although the shipping isn't always the best possible cost to us as a customer, it benefits vendors, sales and the whole idea. 

Honored Contributor

if you go to the post office or UPS and try to mail a pair of shoes packaged in a box and a top it will probably be MORE than $9 to ship.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I have never got two things in the same box and that is what threw me. I ordered shoes and a top and I knew what the shipping was if they shipped them separately like they usally do. The shipping was too much since they put them in the same bag.

Frequent Contributor

they were not suppose to be mailed in the same box that is why I am saying the shipping was too much !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frequent Contributor

They put shoes and a top in one bag and I did not order them at the same time and they saved on shipping and did not pass it along to me. 

Frequent Contributor

Wrong I took and ask how much and it was cheaper. 

Trusted Contributor

When you purchased the items, I assume it gave you the total price, including shipping, before you completed the purchase, is that right? 

So, you would have known, and could have chosen, not to buy, if you felt that strongly, about the shipping? 

If your main complaint, is that it came in one box; both items, were still handled separately, and, personally, I'd prefer one box. Less waste and less for me to deal with, when I receive it.