Respected Contributor

Re: Ridiculous QVC mistake and service

I would call back and speak to someone else.  I've received clothing items that were not what I ordered, and I was told to mail them back, but I don't recall having to wait until it was received back at QVC before they would send me my replacement.  I told her the customer since it had a label enclosed, and wanted her to note the account that it was sent to another location so that customer didn't have to pay for the return shipping back to QVC, and/or the item since it was delivered to me, and she refused due to some privacy law.  Seems to me that they should have been more concerned that I had the customer info in hand instead of noting an account that I would never see.

I didn't pay for the return, but I certainly kept all the facts and paperwork just in case - no way was I going to pay to return an item that was sent to me by mistake!

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

I'd call and talk to someone else. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered a Katrina Szish handbag. The reviews stated they were sending the wrong color. Sure enough after two exchanges and still getting the wrong color I gave up. It wasn't that hard. The bag came in black or cream.

Honored Contributor

Sending them the picture of throwing the item in the trash does no good other than self satisfaction.  They are satisfied they got your money and your out.  I know it would make me feel better too.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I ordered a pair of girls white winter boots for my daughter from a popular sports store.  I received a pair of Mens Nike black sandals.  They told me I could keep the sandals even though I said I could return them to a nearby store and  sent the white boots with free shipping.  Another instance:  I ordered a comforter from Wayfair.  The color was completely off so I wanted to return it.  Wayfair said since the color wasn't as it appeared on line, I can return it for free.  QVC needs to up their game.

Respected Contributor

I want to give a shoutout to Taotronics, a Chinese electronics company that maintains a warehouse in California. Their customer service is in China.

When I first read their name, I laughed. TAO is an important concept in Chinese language and culture. Would this company live up to its name?

It did. I had a shipping issue with one item I bought from them. The messages I got from their customer service were caring, competent and personal. They even checked back with me to confirm everything had been straightened out.

So you never know. When they have a sale on their own website, the prices can't be beat. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@carlycat    I recently went through the same thing.    I had to make 4 phone calls before it was resolved.  Keep calling customer service and ask to speak to a supervisor.  It was their error not yours.  Demand they refund you.   I was told not to return the wrong item and eventually they canceled the charge.  Originally I was also originally told they would send a return label but after 10 days no label and when I called again they said no they weren't sending a label because it was a blowout price.  I said I shouldn't have to pay to return an item that was wrongly shipped to me.  Eventually, it got straightened out and I was told not to return the item and given credit for the charge.  Demand someone do something. Make a note of the name of every person you speak with and that they notate your account.