Contributor
Accepted Solution

Reviewer dissing Harry Slatkin's Homeworx products

I am getting irritated with one reviewer (who I will not name, but if you go into each of the candle reviews for Harry's products you'll spot them in a nano second) who CONSISTENTLY pans every single one of Harry's products..  Two things:  #1...if you hate his candles so much, why do you continue to buy them?  #2 oh wait, if you look at all, and there are tons of them, of the reviews, this person says that they did NOT purchase the product they are reviewing.

I have reported them....I hope someone else will too....it is unfair to Harry to have someone panning all of his products and bringing his ratings down when they are not even purchasing them....they obviously either own a candle store or work in one or have a gripe with Harry himself.    And I'm sick of it!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reviewer dissing Harry Slatkin's Homeworx products

How can someone review a product that they have not purchased?  That's crazy and Q should not allow it.

Honored Contributor

I appreciate all reviews, but I take them,especially the super negative ones with a grain of salt. As adults we should all be able to come to our own conclusions and not try to get others censured for opinions you do not agree with. I applaud the Q for appreciating the fact that we can think for ourselves.

Honored Contributor

Some of his candles are not good, i bought some ,had to send back.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

How can someone review a product that they have not purchased?  That's crazy and Q should not allow it.

@chlema, people do it all the time.  I'm not sure why QVC allows it.

People also review products they bought elsewhere that are also sold on QVC.  I don't think that's right either.  They should leave their review on the site where they bought the product. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@chlema wrote:

People also review products they bought elsewhere that are also sold on QVC.  I don't think that's right either.  They should leave their review on the site where they bought the product. 

The Q posts reviews from sites that sell the same products the Q is offering too, but they do let you know it's a review from another site.

Contributor

I've reviewed products on the Q, good AND bad...but I don't review products I have not purchased, and I don't give a bad review to every single item from a single company...I don't mind negative reviews, but this is over the top

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@chlema wrote:

The Q posts reviews from sites that sell the same products the Q is offering too, but they do let you know it's a review from another site.

Yeah I found that out last week.  I don't like that practice either.

Contributor

But Homeworx is only sold on the Q, so that doesn't apply here

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I appreciate all reviews, but I take them,especially the super negative ones with a grain of salt. As adults we should all be able to come to our own conclusions and not try to get others censured for opinions you do not agree with. I applaud the Q for appreciating the fact that we can think for ourselves.

@blackhole99- I understand the point you're making, but there is no justification for allowing someone to "review" a product he/she hasn't even purchased.

How do you review an item under those circumstances?  By what you saw on TV?  What you heard from others?  Or just because of the fact you don't like a particular vendor or host (for whatever reason, since none of us know them personally)?

That's not a review, it's a bias.