Respected Contributor

Re: Returns are so bad I am forced to keep the items I don't want

My goodness gracious, you are in a snit @3FatCats.  CS is always helpful and courteous.  and why would you buy rings just to wear while yours is being repaired - makes no sense.

I doubt you will throw the rings in the trash.  Your post sounds like a joke to me.  I think you just needed to entertain yourself and decided to stir the pot.  and next time, please use paragraphs.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So ridiculous.

Esteemed Contributor

@3FatCats - I am guessing you just came to the forums to vent and will never return to see any of the helpful advice being offered by other customers. However, if you do come back, I hope you'll take the time to better explain exactly what you're confused about in the returns process—most of us have gone through the process many times and would be happy to help if we can.

QVC has multiple options for returns and they are all very simple and straightforward. Whether you want to use their paperless QR code, print a prepaid label, or return things using your own label and shipping method, you should be able to easily resolve your return issues.

If your complaint is that you have to pay for returns, then yes, you will probably still be upset because there's no way around that unless your items are defective, which does not seem to be the case. If your complaint is that you have to pay to return each ring, there's some light on the horizon: As others have posted, you can return multiple rings in a single package with a single label, minimizing your costs. If you're returning more than one item in a package, make sure you include detailed order and item details to help the return squad process your refunds properly. (And even though it's an added expense, if you don't use QVC's label, be sure to purchase insurance—it is worth it in case something happens with the shipping process.)

For what it's worth, I have never encountered a customer service representative at QVC who wasn't helpful and courteous. There is a chance you may not have fully explained your needs, as is the situation here, which could have caused difficulty for both you and the rep. I hope you get everything worked out.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a rant!  QVC returns are some of the easiest--just slap on the label or use your phone for a QR code.  

Jewelry returns on other channels frequently require INSURING the item out of one's own pocket-- I have paid a fair amount.

I disagree QVC is greedy-they are just trying to keep their business in the black. Actually, you are cheating the company by purchasing something you knew in advance you would not keep.

BTW, how many rings can you buy for a few hundred dollars?  They must all be silver, and not that valuable on the resale market.  

If I do not want something and I am too lazy to return it, then I regift it or donate it.  

You only hurt yourself by trashing an item of value.

Hopefully your life will improve one of these days!

Honored Contributor

I'd wrap a pony tail holder around my finger before I'd "borrow" a wedding ring from a store with the intention of returning it...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I've heard of 'non-buyers' like this.

'Buy' a nice dress from QVC, wear it to an event with the tags inside, and return it.

Totally dishonest and hurts the rest of us, IMO.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think QVC offers rental services!  I do suspect that many people do this as I see many items returned after holiday seasons....just a coincidence?  

Respected Contributor

I can count the # of returns to QVC that I have made over many years on one hand. But I have never had a problem with returns. I may be wrong about this but it sounds like you bought the rings to use until til you got your wedding ring back and then you decided to return them. It may be "legal" to do this but not a very nice thing to do. If I am wrong about this I apologize. 

Valued Contributor

Yeah, sure. 

Honored Contributor

The OP says in her post she wanted these until hers were repaired!  Why?  How long was the repair going to take?

This OP had an agenda and it did not work out for her so she is blaming QVC  for her not being able to understand the return process.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)