Respected Contributor

Returns & Why They Take So Long to Process!

I just brought my Dooney TSV handbag to the post office for an exchange (same color - Mustard) because the front of the bag is scratched.  The Post Office clerk - a lovely woman - gave me my receipt and told me to hold on to it.  It seems that a company named "Velocity" picks up all the QVC return items and they only come by a few times a week.  So she told me to be patient because the Velocity truck may not come until Wednesday or Thursday of this week.  Then it has to pick up from more Post Offices, bring the stuff to QVC warehouse and people there have to sort through it.  I just hope the Mustard is still available as an even exhange.  I am thinking the whole process may take 3 or more weeks!  Oh well.  And I haven't returned anything for over 5 years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Returns & Why They Take So Long to Process!

I know this doesn't help you, but in my area the name on the Q return label is Newgistics and they are very speedy. I get an email the same day or the next day that my package is on it's way and a few days later my refund or exchange is on it's way. Unlike you, I spend hundreds of dollars a year on return postage. I'm pretty sure they sold out of the mustard in the TSV, so unless someone returned their bag you are no doubt SOL.

Respected Contributor

Thank you blackhole99 for the information.  I am in New York - Westchester County, so I guess Velocity is the company the Q uses.  I am praying I get the Mustard - it is really beautiful.  Otherwise, I will take a red one.

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight

Hi neighbor I am also In Westchester, I decided to bite the bullet and pay for my return and sent it via UPS, last week I was credited for my return the day after it was received

@stellabystarlight wrote:

Thank you blackhole99 for the information.  I am in New York - Westchester County, so I guess Velocity is the company the Q uses.  I am praying I get the Mustard - it is really beautiful.  Otherwise, I will take a red one.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight I have found when I do a return for an exchange because of size or color the transaction and delivery is pretty fast. It's when I make a return for a credit it can take over a month to see that credit on my statement. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks Luvdoodles!