Honored Contributor

Re: Returning items With No Nasty Letters from QVC Saying I Buy/Return too Much

[ Edited ]

I know what I would do if Q sent me a nasty letter. I would never buy from them again.

There are plenty of places to order from online.

There are also some places that have free shipping & free returns.

I only buy from Q if I'm pretty sure I will be keeping the item.

I'm not buying clothes from Q throwing money in the trash with shipping costs. People should just buy lots of clothes on free shipping days. You can keep what you want & return the rest in one box with one shipping fee paying to return it all yourself. This way you are not out all that shipping per item when it's shipped.

Trusted Contributor

@Nightowlz I agree with you to a point ... but my remembrance of the "letter" is that it's computer generated, it's for a 3 month period & one has to return 60% of their purchases over that period of time.  QVC still accepts the returns but at some point they let the customer know that if the return rate doesn't go down they'll no longer be able to order.  Excess returns cost QVC money which they in turn can raise prices on the rest of us.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

If I'm returning too many orders to QVC I don't need a letter from them informing me of this...I would already know it! And, as such, I would not continue purchasing from them as the shopping experience is obviously not working out. No way in heck would I be paying those return shipping charges over and over and over again. Frankly, it's like continually banging your head against a wall.....makes no sense whatsoever. Woman Frustrated     

Trusted Contributor

QVC warning letters have been happening for years and years and years. They send you a warning letter. From that point on, it is up to the customer to change their shopping habits.

QVC is not the only business that has cracked down. There are a lot of stores, both online and brick/mortar, that are reeling in their return policies. Expect it to get even more strict as the holidays come up.

Walmart, Best Buy and a couple of others have become very, very strict on returns. Even a day over stated return policy and they refuse the return. Best Buy has a return policy of 14 days! That is not even long enough for an electronic or appliance to fail! That is their policy, and I respect that. It gives me the choice to buy something from them or buy elsewhere.

Just beware, the Q only sends one warning letter, and then they will freeze your account, or they can put a $$$ limit on your purchases, and they are known to just shut down an account without notice after sending the warning letter if nothing changed with that customer.

Someone mentioned sending QVC a letter to tell them to stop sending them the "too many returns" letters. It is their business. They can make any decisions they wish. They make the rules. They know who their good customers are, and they know who buys 5 different colors or sizes of one item, knowing they intend to send every item they don't like back to QVC. They don't want the customers who abuse their policy so I don't think you will get far with that idea.

Business is business. They do state 30 day return policy. It is actually longer than 30 days because it is 30 days from the date of delivery, so add a few days. That is not an open invitation to over buy items just because you can't feel the material or to see if the sizing is right. There is a lot of return abuse that goes on and it costs them a whole lot of money to sort what they can repackage/resell, and what they have to sell at a loss on pallets to 3rd party sellers (as Amazon does with their returns).

There are so many stores to buy from online, or walk into a store and buy, that if you feel chastised, shop elsewhere. There is no longer "only at QVC" items. I can find almost every single item on QVC in a store and usually at a cheaper price. The few items that are QVC only (Denim and Co, Susan Graver maybe) can even be found online at Ebay or other sellers.

The days of "value" at QVC is gone, the prices are sky high in my opinion, the quality has gone down. I don't even turn it on anymore. If you don't watch it, the temptation is not there. I can't imagine how many items I have purchased over many years that I really didn't need, or thought it was something that was so awesome and bought it and it sits in a closet or my basement or donated. If I had never seen it, and fell for the sale pitch, I never would have bought it.

WEN is the only item I buy online at QVC because Chaz does give great prices vs his own website.

Esteemed Contributor

I think it would be difficult to buy clothing from the Q because the descriptions don't look like the clothing on air. The sizing would be hard to judge because so many items don't fit the models. It is even worse when they are saying they are wearing their proper size but it is too tight or too loose. The hosts fail to give proper information about  the clothing. 

I don't buy my clothing from the Q because their prices are high and the quality doesn't match. I bought a pair of capris from Women in Control that was a TSV. It was a terrible fit and the quality was lacking. I kept it because I felt it was a waste of money to send it back. It sits in the back of my closet. Lesson learned!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just purchase Isaac's TSV's. It's only the second time I've ordered anything from Isaac, but the sizing was huge. Didn't match the Sizing Chart at all. Since I ordered three sets, I'll be charged a hefty return because the smaller (actually most sizes) are already SOLD OUT.
There isn't going to be anyway for QVC to exchange them; thus, I'm left holding the cost of the return S&H for someone's poor Quality Control on the sizing. Have a feeling that happens a lot more than QVC admits. Yet it I had sized down and the tees had been laundered and shrunk, I'd be completely out of everything and unable to return any of them. Caught between an rock and a hard spot with their crazy sizing even when I had ordered from Isaac a few weeks ago. Go figure. 

I will pack them into one package or box and mail them USPS, which will be less expensive (even with the recent increased in postage) than if I had to pay QVC's individual return S&H on each label and wait forever for them to credit my account!
How annoying to have QVC use my money while they mess around for weeks on end both when the order is "in process" and while it's being returned via some crazy slow-boat agreement (to have packages sit until Thursday's in our City) with the post office across the USA. Then, load 'em all up and ship 'em all out at once so QVC's Shipping Dept. won't be able to log them in as soon as they arrive! Does that make any sense??? NOPE. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

I just purchase Isaac's TSV's. It's only the second time I've ordered anything from Isaac, but the sizing was huge. Didn't match the Sizing Chart at all. Since I ordered three sets, I'll be charged a hefty return because the smaller (actually most sizes) are already SOLD OUT.
There isn't going to be anyway for QVC to exchange them; thus, I'm left holding the cost of the return S&H for someone's poor Quality Control on the sizing. Have a feeling that happens a lot more than QVC admits. Yet it I had sized down and the tees had been laundered and shrunk, I'd be completely out of everything and unable to return any of them. Caught between an rock and a hard spot with their crazy sizing even when I had ordered from Isaac a few weeks ago. Go figure. 

I will pack them into one package or box and mail them USPS, which will be less expensive (even with the recent increased in postage) than if I had to pay QVC's individual return S&H on each label and wait forever for them to credit my account!
How annoying to have QVC use my money while they mess around for weeks on end both when the order is "in process" and while it's being returned via some crazy slow-boat agreement (to have packages sit until Thursday's in our City) with the post office across the USA. Then, load 'em all up and ship 'em all out at once so QVC's Shipping Dept. won't be able to log them in as soon as they arrive! Does that make any sense??? NOPE. 

@BirkiLady , bravo and well said.  I'm in between sizes at looking at the size charts.  I had to order 2 of the same Denim and Co. jackets in different sizes.  The smaller size fit well, so I had to return the other one.  I did not use their return label so that I could keep track of the return and not have to wait until the "agent" picked it up and delivered it.  Yep, it was received and I got the credit back minus the shipping.  A few days ago, I noticed a charge of 6.95 on my cc and it showed the other number being the one I returned not using their label.  I had emailed the social team and awaiting my 6.95 back on the cc.  

Also when speaking with one of the CS reps about ordering an item, I wasn't sure what size to order according to the charts.  She said many customers end up ordering 2 different sizes to find the one that fits and return the other one.  It just shouldn't be this way.

Since this thread is about "too many returns", perhaps they should abide by their size chart measurements because it wouldn't be fair to get that letter being the fact that the size charts aren't correct and have to order 2 different sizes.

Respected Contributor

I am getting a bit dizzy from everybody seeming to think that over-buying and over-returning is okay.  

Some shopping advice:

Do not buy on impulse.  Think a bit about an item before ordering.

Decide if you can live without the item.

There is a difference between need vs. want.

KNOW your budget!

Once you know are familiar with a certain fashion vendor, most of the fits will be similar.  Watch the videos to see how the item looks on the models.

I definitely buy more than I need, but I rarely have to return fashion items. I buy from tried and true clothes designers that I like.  I never return food.  I will regift knick-knacks if I do not like them, but I will never return them.  The only items I really return are costly pieces of jewelry, and I do that immediately.  

Watch the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" to get motivated!

Respected Contributor

yep,been there,done that.i guarantee you are going to get negative flack over this thread.good luck!

Respected Contributor

wow,you just can't be kind,but always sarcastic.i work with pp, like you.i laugh at them and make them feel really small.usually stops them in their tracks.try being kind to ppl.it might make you feel better about yourself