Honored Contributor

Re: Returning items With No Nasty Letters from QVC Saying I Buy/Return too Much

@Gabidog Just be careful what you wish for.  Last week I made a local purchase in a store I hadn't used since prior to the pandemic.  I asked about the return policy before I let the clerk ring my sale.  What used to be 90 days in print, but really unlimited in common use is now 30 days.

Glad I asked.  The rug I liked in the store I didn't love in my home!

Esteemed Contributor

I hate returning things toQVC of HSN because it is too costly.  I agree with the poster that an item may fit, but not look good on my body once I try it on.  Don't the S & H charges cover the repackaging and stocking?  

I have taken as many as 20 items into a dressing room at TJ MAXX, Penneys, or Marshalls.  Sometimes I may buy one or two of the items, sometimes I may not buy any.  They may fit, but I don't like something about the fit, the fabric or whatever.

Guess what - I didn't get a letter or a look from the dressing room employee.  AND it didn't cost me anything to try it on.  The OP made some valid points about reason for returns, but anyone that is sending back that many things because they don't like it or it doesn't fit must not mind throwing money away.    

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Contributor

I have never had my account frozen.  If I was purchasing 30 items during a 30 day month that would be extensive. Quality Control has fallen down on the job of checking merchandise to make sure it's up to high standards. My money is hard earned & I don't intend to waste it. The costs of returns is so high that I don't send back too many things because I can't afford it. 

Perhaps the Q should state a limit on returns if they're losing money to restock. Go to any box store and with a receipt you can buy as much as you want and return it if it doesn't work out for you.  I only avoid brick & morter stores due to the variant strain of Covid tha's hit our state so hard. 

Respected Contributor

@vmli I received the same letter...problem was that I could not access the videos nor reviews of each product at the time.  No problem now, but I understand IT was involved.  Kinda hard to purchase without any knowledge of how garments fit npr any reviews that are helpful.  So I sent a note to QVC social team and got a response that they were sorry.  However, I have not purchased much clothing from the Q going forward.  I mlostly replenish my dr. denese products and shoes because the Q offers wide sizes.  Now I puchase on line from J.Crew (great tee shirts and great prices); H&M (sweater vest..love it), and madewell more tee shirtsl old standby J.Jill and Old Navy.  I can return all at the mall nearby and the items are shipped quickly.  Try them.  You might like them  I usually buy these items when they are on sale.  

Honored Contributor

@vmli wrote:

I don't buy an item a day during the 30 day period of grace, so it's hardly a lot. Every single designer's clothes sizing runs differently from the size chart.  I wear a large in Joan Rivers things and an XL in Mizrahi's line. Even if the item fits it may not look good on my figure.  I make returns within 2 or 3 days of receipt. Ms. Parr-Hill, Martha Stewart & Luminara's  things are always up to a high standard while other home decor companies may not be. You don't know until it arrives. 

@vmli 

You still seem to be missing the point that this letter is generated by how many purchases you made vs. how many were returned, in a 3 MONTH period.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I won't villify the OP for sending "too many" returns.  I can't make the assumption she returned too many compared to how many she kept...because she didn't say.   

Buyers wouldn't be returning so much if QVC stopped sending inconsistent sizes, poor quality fabrics, defective products, and damaged items due to poor packing.  We hear these complaints on this forum.  

Can we send QVC a cease and desist letter about sending those to us with a warning..."We are no longer going to buy from you if you don't stop."

After telling myself not to buy anymore clothes from QVC, I broke down and purchased a Denim & Co jacket.  Returning it today because it measures a size smaller than I ordered compared to QVC's measurements.  Yes, I laid it out flat on a counter, smoothed out the folds, then measured exactly the same way QVC does.  Of course, it didn't fit.  

Also returned today, a Diamonique tennis bracelet received with a stone missing.  Stone not even in the box, so the manufacturer, I believe, knowingly, put this bracelet in the box missing a stone.  Difficult to believe, there are 10 reviews, all 10 gave the bracelet a 1 star rating for missing stones or they fell out when worn.  One reported stones fell out and the bracelet broke. 

So, those of us who see quality control continuing to decline must decide not to purchase anything anymore, particularly clothing where it's very noticeable, and stick to it until QVC gets the message.  

Respected Contributor

No shipping prices don't cover restocking. Has anyone mailed a package lately? And postal rates just increased at the beginning of the month.  There are B&M stores that deduct their restocking fee from the price of your return.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@vmli wrote:

I don't buy an item a day during the 30 day period of grace, so it's hardly a lot. Every single designer's clothes sizing runs differently from the size chart.  I wear a large in Joan Rivers things and an XL in Mizrahi's line. Even if the item fits it may not look good on my figure.  I make returns within 2 or 3 days of receipt. Ms. Parr-Hill, Martha Stewart & Luminara's  things are always up to a high standard while other home decor companies may not be. You don't know until it arrives. 

@vmli 

You still seem to be missing the point that this letter is generated by how many purchases you made vs. how many were returned, in a 3 MONTH period.

@vmli   In other words, it's a percentage, not a set number.  It has to be a LOT. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom She's not missing the point, she's being deliberately obtuse.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

After reading all the reviews and being a shopper here on the Q for almost 26 years I think my shopping days here are going to be very limited or maybe not at all. If you can't feel safe in purchasing and knowing you may be reprimanded for returning items you are not happy with, within the 30 days; then I'd say it's time to move on. 

How about when you do return items the very next day and sits in some Agent's hands for weeks and your refund takes forever to get? Can you imagine the amount of money tied up for weeks?  I just know the customer can't always be wrong. If things are that tight, maybe the Q should state in better words what they expect in returns and change their policy so customers know whats what.

Are they saying to us now, "please don't return your on liked items" Keep them instead. Gift them or sell them? Not when I have to pay for the shipping to return.  Boy I miss the old days around here.