Trusted Contributor
I really don’t buy much food on QVC and have never returned a food purchase. However, I purchased the popcorn TSV combo pack and I really was disappointed in it. I won’t go into the details but would like to return it for a refund. Do I send back the uneaten packs or was I supposed to save the used wrappers to send back as well or not send back anything at all? We did open and try the different varieties and I did not save the used wrappers of them.

I’ve read that some people say to return the uneaten portion and some say that you should not return food, so can I get clarification on returning a food item for refund? Thank you!
Honored Contributor

Re: Returning “food” on Q?

I would call customer service, they should be able to help you.

Contributor

This is as good a place than any to mention I have received on TWO occasions steaks that were no longer safe to eat. The dry ice was gone and the steaks were far from "cool to the touch". It disappoints me that a perishable items takes FOUR days to be delivered. QVC honored the spoiled items immediately by offering to replace or credit the purchase.  But, I would love to get my steaks for my freezer with out the hassle of dealing with the delayed shipping. Help.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mrsq2022 - I believe QVC's policy for all food items is that they are not returned, but rather you receive a partial or full refund of your purchase price if you are not satisfied and contact customer service. That has been my experience with the few food items I've received that either were damaged/ruined or not as described.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You call customer service first.  I believe it is against policy to return food.  They do give credit, or replacement. .  Believe me this is the best policy. I have ordered food from other places and it is not easy, even when the merchandise comes totally destroyed, or uneatable.  Many companies you can forget  about getting a refund if the food is horrible.  Qvc is good about this.  I have been a customer of qvc since 1989.  Over the years  I have returned food for credit, or replacement.  I had trouble with the perishable items.  Bakery items not so much.  Although once I returned some whoopie pies as they were the worst hunk of lard filled crackers I ever tried to eat.  I was actually mad they were so bad.  I felt bad, as why would qvc sell food this horrible.  I think I got a bad batch.

i will never order from Goldbelly for sure.  i had a apple cheese pie delivered that looked like the scraps off a picnic table.  The whole item was shoved into a bakery box and shipped.  No padding, support for pie.  It was not even wrapped in cellophane.  Just taken off a bakery shelf, placed into a box with a doily, put in another box and shipped 500 miles.  It was sich a shame as the aroma was so delicious, and it looked like it was good.......before it left bakery.  Why would lsomeone do this to a perfectly good piece of baked goods.  Crime lol.   I love pie

Anyway, QVC is the best anywhere when it comes to this.  They totally understand it is food that is shipped.  Accidents happen, and shipping isnt always on time.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks - I’ve ordered Cheryl’s cookies and maybe a few other things here and there but never frozen food. That is so important to get shipped fast and not sit on a delivery truck or warehouse I’ve just never bothered. Some of the desserts look fantastic but if they aren’t presentable or crumbled in shipment it ruins the presentation so I’ve only ordered items that I will personally eat and not plan for guests so far. So good to know about the pie because I had my eye on some of the holiday cakes last year.

This popcorn was so salty (and I add salt to everything, a salt-lover so that says a lot!) I can’t eat it. Even my kids commented about it being too salty so it wasn’t just me. I don’t like returning something unusable but I just can’t eat this stuff so will call customer service and ask what they recommend. (The kettle was the least salty but I’m not a fan of kettle corn and the daughter who loves kettle corn said it wasn’t great... so I give up lol).
Super Contributor

That is true....Never return food..call customer service and tell them your problem with the food and they will refund you or send out another order if you'd like..

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bannafanna wrote:

This is as good a place than any to mention I have received on TWO occasions steaks that were no longer safe to eat. The dry ice was gone and the steaks were far from "cool to the touch". It disappoints me that a perishable items takes FOUR days to be delivered. QVC honored the spoiled items immediately by offering to replace or credit the purchase.  But, I would love to get my steaks for my freezer with out the hassle of dealing with the delayed shipping. Help.

------------------------------

I do not to order any food that needs to be shipped cold and kept frozen, especially in the spring/summer.   Our temps are high most of those months - 80's to 100's. There have been a couple of times when the products were totally defrosted, no 'ice' and the box was actually warm.  I have always called and received a refund.

QVC Customer Care

@Mrsq2022 wrote:
Thanks - I’ve ordered Cheryl’s cookies and maybe a few other things here and there but never frozen food. That is so important to get shipped fast and not sit on a delivery truck or warehouse I’ve just never bothered. Some of the desserts look fantastic but if they aren’t presentable or crumbled in shipment it ruins the presentation so I’ve only ordered items that I will personally eat and not plan for guests so far. So good to know about the pie because I had my eye on some of the holiday cakes last year.

This popcorn was so salty (and I add salt to everything, a salt-lover so that says a lot!) I can’t eat it. Even my kids commented about it being too salty so it wasn’t just me. I don’t like returning something unusable but I just can’t eat this stuff so will call customer service and ask what they recommend. (The kettle was the least salty but I’m not a fan of kettle corn and the daughter who loves kettle corn said it wasn’t great... so I give up lol).

@Mrsq2022   I am sorry to see you were not happy with Farmer Johns Popcorn. I have issued a refund, there is no need to return the remaining packs. 

Susan 

Valued Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Bannafanna wrote:

------------------------------

I do not to order any food that needs to be shipped cold and kept frozen, especially in the spring/summer.   Our temps are high most of those months - 80's to 100's. There have been a couple of times when the products were totally defrosted, no 'ice' and the box was actually warm.  I have always called and received a refund.

Food items ship from the vendors and only ship Monday-Wednesday.