Returning a Large Furniture Item

I ordered a TV entertainment console and when it arrived it was left on my porch in the snow. The box was completely soaked. Unfortunately, the item was not to my standard and I need to return it. What is the suggestion for how to obtain a box for this item and also how to return it? It is too heavy for me to carry and it is too heavy really for my postman to carry on his truck. I believe it was originally delivered UPS

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Returning a Large Furniture Item

Go to your nearest UPS store.Buy a box that would fit the console. Pack it up & then either go online or contact the UPS store & they will arrange to pick up the package.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Call the company where you ordered it from.  Tell them you were upset to find it had been left in the snow, was completely soaked, are not happy with quality of item and box was soaked & destroyed so it is not useable to return.  Tell them they need to arrange for pickup of item to return.  And tell them you are disputing the charge on your credit card, and call credit card company and report entire situation.  Bet when they hear you are disputing charge they will make arrangement to have it picked up quickly!

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't buy anything 

Put in a claim with UPS, they should not have left it in the weather & call the retailer and make them deal with it.

You should not be out of  pocket for this

QVC Customer Care

@Gabbyp87 wrote:

I ordered a TV entertainment console and when it arrived it was left on my porch in the snow. The box was completely soaked. Unfortunately, the item was not to my standard and I need to return it. What is the suggestion for how to obtain a box for this item and also how to return it? It is too heavy for me to carry and it is too heavy really for my postman to carry on his truck. I believe it was originally delivered UPS

Hi @Gabbyp87 thank you for posting in our Community forums and for your recent orders. I apologize that this item was left to the elements and the box is unusable. Please check at a local UPS or Mailbox etc. type store for packaging to use for the return. Please email us at QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com with the cost of that packaging for reimbursement and we can also issue a UPS pick-up request when it is ready so please let us know when you are ready, thank you. ~Kim

Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

Call the company where you ordered it from.  Tell them you were upset to find it had been left in the snow, was completely soaked, are not happy with quality of item and box was soaked & destroyed so it is not useable to return.  Tell them they need to arrange for pickup of item to return.  And tell them you are disputing the charge on your credit card, and call credit card company and report entire situation.  Bet when they hear you are disputing charge they will make arrangement to have it picked up quickly!

This 

Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971

She bought it from QVC

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

She bought it from QVC

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@I am still oxox

The name of store/online vendor was not mentioned in the OP so my response was because it could have been from any one of thousands of stores.  Had the OP mentioned it was QVC I would have just suggested calling QVC customer service and they would definitely have helped her, as any time I have questions or problems they have been more than willing to assist.  Smiley Happy