Occasional Contributor

Returning Wen Gallon without a proper/legal label that appears to be old product.

I ordered my annual Wen gallon and was disappointed to have my bottle arrive yesterday looking browner than usual, appeared to be separating, and without a proper/legal (according to the FDA) label. There is basically a mailing slicker on the front that says "Chaz Dean 128 oz winter cleansing conditioner Lot#68687". That's it. No bar code, no ingredient list, not even a full product name. Given the weight of the item, return shipping will be $10.95. In addition to the $3.50 I already paid in shipping, I'm not thrilled with the idea of paying $14.45 for the privelege of returning a defective product. I'm also hesitant to do an exchange as there is no guarantee that my scent will be left (according to a customer service phone call). Is there a way to get the shipping fees waived since the product is not legally labeled and appears to be expired and defective? It's darker in color than the gallon I've had opened at home for two years. Thank you! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Returning Wen Gallon without a proper/legal label that appears to be old product.

If an item is defective, you shouldn't have to pay to ship it back. Did you talk to customer service?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Returning Wen Gallon without a proper/legal label that appears to be old product.

I am pretty sure if you make an exchange and explain your product is defective QVC will not charge you the 10.95. EXCHANGES ARE FREE . If your scent is not available then I would call customer service and explain why you thought defective and ask QVC torefund the shipping. Good Luck

QVC Customer Care

@Michelle from WA wrote:

I ordered my annual Wen gallon and was disappointed to have my bottle arrive yesterday looking browner than usual, appeared to be separating, and without a proper/legal (according to the FDA) label. There is basically a mailing slicker on the front that says "Chaz Dean 128 oz winter cleansing conditioner Lot#68687". That's it. No bar code, no ingredient list, not even a full product name. Given the weight of the item, return shipping will be $10.95. In addition to the $3.50 I already paid in shipping, I'm not thrilled with the idea of paying $14.45 for the privelege of returning a defective product. I'm also hesitant to do an exchange as there is no guarantee that my scent will be left (according to a customer service phone call). Is there a way to get the shipping fees waived since the product is not legally labeled and appears to be expired and defective? It's darker in color than the gallon I've had opened at home for two years. Thank you! 

@Michelle from WA   I apologize your Wen gallon arrived in that condition.  If you return it and indicate the reasons you've listed here on your prepaid retun label and invoice, you will not be charged for using the prepaid return label.  Thanks for letting us know. 

Melvin, Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@Michelle from WA wrote:

Wow! No label. That's one for the books, @Michelle from WA . How could a human being ship that to a customer?!

Maybe you got a robot-packed shipment.

I've been using WEN for years. Any chance you could add a photo of the bottle with that Lot#68687 sticker to your post? I'd love to see it.

Occasional Contributor

It was confusing when I tried to. The first guy almost immediately put me through to a supervisor - without my asking to speak with one, and she said less than he did.  She mentioned it, but I felt uncomfortable enough with the conversation to want to see it in writing. 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you, this is helpful. 

Occasional Contributor

Wen Bottle Snip.JPG

Occasional Contributor

Picture posted - it's a trip to think that it made it out of the warehouse like this....for the price of $159 ($176 with tax and shipping).