Respected Contributor

Re: Returned Items that have been altered

I try not to return much, but sometimes you have to.

I am very careful with returns. I write a little note and attach it to the plastic bag noting, just tried on, never worn. 

If I washed it and it shrunk, I would say worn amd washed  returning because of shrinkage, or what ever the issue was. 
Honesty is the best policy. 

I don't know if anyone takes notice and how it's run.

I would think the never worn items would be sold as new because they were just a try on? Maybe repackaged?

I don't have a problem with returned, tried on items. I do have an issue with worn and used stuff. 
That's as is in my book.

Valued Contributor

In my opinion, that would never be noticed by any quality control or customer service of any company. If the garment was folded and in the original packaging, no one is going to open it up and examine all the seams and stitching.

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why someone would take the time to alter a cami and then return it.

Respected Contributor

@PansyBoo wrote:

I don't understand why someone would take the time to alter a cami and then return it.

They probably wore it, but wanted the opening to fit. Some people do strange things. There are some who do not own much of a wardrobe. They purchase, wear an item, then return it just before the return deadline. Doing this spread all over many retailers keeps them from being spotted as an offender.

Honored Contributor

@runner99 wrote:

Love Susan Graver Liquid Knit camis and I would give them a solid 5 stars! My complaint here is some idiot returned a camisole after sewing it up the sides under the armholes.  I spent 30 minutes trying to rip out this stitching without tearing the fabric.  I'm really disappointed in QVC quality control and customer service.  Be Better!

@runner99 - Why didn't you just immediately return it for a refund or exchange?

You wouldn't have been charged for the shipping; the item was defective.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@runner99 wrote:

Love Susan Graver Liquid Knit camis and I would give them a solid 5 stars! My complaint here is some idiot returned a camisole after sewing it up the sides under the armholes.  I spent 30 minutes trying to rip out this stitching without tearing the fabric.  I'm really disappointed in QVC quality control and customer service.  Be Better!

@runner99 - Why didn't you just immediately return it for a refund or exchange?

You wouldn't have been charged for the shipping; the item was defective.

@Venezia 

Yeah, I wonder why too. 🤔 

Honored Contributor

As I have said, these returns are not a QC issue. 

Years ago a woman on the telephone told one of the hosts she would order several sizes and then return the ones not fitting correctly. How she could afford it I'll never know, very tacky.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I returned a SG top several weeks ago because one side of the top from under the arm down to the bottom had extra fabric which left the top puckered out on that side. Can you say Quality Control ?  Of course I received a full refund including shipping costs

@Goodie2shoes 

No company, vendor or factory is going to check each item.  It can't be done.

Spot check one or two items at the factory maybe, but checking every single item these mfg are churning out it is impossible.

QVC, AMZ etc warehouse millions of items.