Returned Items that have been altered

Love Susan Graver Liquid Knit camis and I would give them a solid 5 stars! My complaint here is some idiot returned a camisole after sewing it up the sides under the armholes.  I spent 30 minutes trying to rip out this stitching without tearing the fabric.  I'm really disappointed in QVC quality control and customer service.  Be Better!

Respected Contributor

Re: Returned Items that have been altered

@runner99 

Sounds as though this would qualify as " defective " !!!!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW!😮 That is SO unfortunate but you spent a great deal of time! I would have immediately RETURNED it as defective and requested a refund or replacement!❤ I too, think Susan's clothes are usually of excellent quality!🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

Sounds like it was worn once and returned.  I worked with a lady who purchased pink shoes to go with an outfit for a wedding.  She brought them in on the following Monday to return to the store. Tacky.

Honored Contributor

@runner99. This has nothing to do with the quality control process but was simply an oversight in the returns department.  You should have immediately packed it up and returned it

I'd call CS  and explain what happened so it can be noted then immediately return it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Thanks,K. I worked QC and it was not our job to check returns,but to make sure incoming was up to standards,usually set by marketing.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1.  Exactly!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@cindyNC wrote:

Sounds like it was worn once and returned.  I worked with a lady who purchased pink shoes to go with an outfit for a wedding.  She brought them in on the following Monday to return to the store. Tacky.

The ideal would be to track the item back to the person who altered it. They could either pay for damaging the item or have their account closed. People who abuse returns get on my last nerve. I had to deal with them in the retail sector. I could write a book.

Respected Contributor

I returned a SG top several weeks ago because one side of the top from under the arm down to the bottom had extra fabric which left the top puckered out on that side. Can you say Quality Control ?  Of course I received a full refund including shipping costs

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Years ago a coworker bought an "as is" Dooney hobo bag, the color she wanted was sold out.  Sadly, she did not get the accessory piece that was supposed to come with the bag.  (I think the kiss lock wallet).  She was told it was "as is".  Why does the person returning not have to return both pieces if it came with 2 pieces?  I thought that was odd.  I do think they finally took a small dollar amount off of her purchase.  

I try to make as few returns as possible.  I think too many with buyers remorse.  I'm careful about what I purchase.  Usually if a top didn't work out then I would donate it, but that was before most tops were the price they are here now.