Occasional Contributor

Return shipping, tell me what you think

I ordered 2 sets of travel mugs, at approx 29.00 each set. The cost of shipping was 5.99 and they were sent in one box. I decided to return , put in one box, used their return shipping label of 10.95$. They inturn charged me 10.95 for each set, even though they were in one box. They said because I put 2 return labels  IN the box , well of course I did For two sets. They deducted approx twenty two dollars to ship back plus six to ship to me. Twenty eight in shipping! The price of one set of mugs!  I wrote to the, reasoned with them, to no avail. What do you think? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Return shipping, tell me what you think

http://www.clipartsuggest.com/images/636/welcome-to-our-group-vGoHor-clipart.png

Respected Contributor

I think one should carefully consider the return shipping before placing an order with Q.  That's why I didn't order 2 breezies bras yesterday.  There's no telling if they would fit and I didn't want to deal with returns or exchanges, so no sale for me.

Call back customer service and speak to a different rep.  You might get a better result. Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I have found 2 solutions to this problem:

1- NEVER use their return shipping label unless the item is damaged and the shipping is free.

2- Shop elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I think one should carefully consider the return shipping before placing an order with Q.  That's why I didn't order 2 breezies bras yesterday.  There's no telling if they would fit and I didn't want to deal with returns or exchanges, so no sale for me.

Call back customer service and speak to a different rep.  You might get a better result. Good luck.

That's exactly why I didn't order them either. I wanted to but I very very rarely have to return anything.

Contributor

I don't mind having to return an item (returned 3 things in last 2 weeks)..but..it seems Q stopped using UPS for returns.. they give the USPS return label only option. For heavier items (33 and 22 lbs, for ex.) the UPS would have been easier, as I have UPS pick up at work, every day.  I had to make a call to customer service to get the post office pick up..just personal preference. 

Trusted Contributor

I still order occasionally from QVC, but the majority of my online purchases are from Amazon because of quick shipping and easy (and in most cases) free returns.  I have been burned like many of you with return shipping charges. I think the system is set up like that on purpose so that people DON'T return items...just donate or throw them away. 

Honored Contributor

You were overcharged.  Call back and ask for a refund for one of the return charges.

Honored Contributor

I'm not one of those running to another dealer -  I still buy plenty from QVC, but I'd say 99% of what I spend here goes to items I know I won't be returning unless they arrive defective.  Keeps me honest with myself - about what I really need.  In a way, the ugly return policy is actually saving me money.

I try to watch return policies everywhere.  At one of my current favorite local clothing stores, I  never order online anything that's on clearance.  It can't be returned!  If I don't have time and inclination to go to the store, I'm not sending them my dollars. 

Respected Contributor

Really outrageous. I’d try calling cs asking for a supervisor. Are you on FB?, if so I’d post about it.