Frequent Contributor

Re: Return prices....crazy !!!

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I am really annoyed at how much is being deducted for a return.  I realize this isn't a new policy,  but lately hsve had several returns and boy do the return shipping amounts add up to a lot!!!  Terrible policy ,  I tell ya I am going to really be sure I want an item now before purchasing,  cause this is insane!  I told the cs rep that most plsces now days offer free shipping and returns.  All she had to say was "sorry". I realize she didn't make the policy , but sorry doesn't help me .  I don't see myself buying christmas as I have in the past .

Are you returning clothing items (as an example) separately or are you combining clothing items (or like items to same return address) into a single package?

In case you didn't know, you ARE able to combine like items (such as clothing) in a single package and use one of the Q labels from any of the items being returned.

The actual Q label fee is based on the overall weight of the package:

0 - 5 lbs. ($6.95)

5.01 - 10 lbs. ($8.95)

10.01 - 150 lbs. ($10.95)

You can combine multiple orders (of clothing, as an example) in a single box and you will only be charged for using the Q label based on the weight of the package.

As long as all the items being returned are being sent to the same address (based on category), you will only be charged one Q label, regardless of how many items or separate orders are in the package.

Also, when you do an exchange for a different size/color, you are NOT charged shipping again.  You also are NOT charged shipping if the return is due to damage/defect.

Hope this helps. 

Trusted Contributor

So, based on some of the comments, it appears that some people feel that the rest of us should underwrite their impulse shopping and lack of good judgment.

Look, shipping costs money.  It is never free, and as we all know (I hope), retailers which offer "free" shipping simply add the shipping costs into the base prices of items and/or require minimum purchases (causing consumers to spend more money) to take advantage of the "free" shipping.

I am sorry, but I do not buy into any of these complaints.  When some of you say "free" what it really means is thaet you want me to spend more money because you cannot make up your mind.

Respected Contributor

@ErikaShops365 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

I am really annoyed at how much is being deducted for a return.  I realize this isn't a new policy,  but lately hsve had several returns and boy do the return shipping amounts add up to a lot!!!  Terrible policy ,  I tell ya I am going to really be sure I want an item now before purchasing,  cause this is insane!  I told the cs rep that most plsces now days offer free shipping and returns.  All she had to say was "sorry". I realize she didn't make the policy , but sorry doesn't help me .  I don't see myself buying christmas as I have in the past .

Are you returning clothing items (as an example) separately or are you combining clothing items (or like items to same return address) into a single package?

In case you didn't know, you ARE able to combine like items (such as clothing) in a single package and use one of the Q labels from any of the items being returned.

0 - 5 lbs. ($6.95)

5.01 - 10 lbs. ($8.95)

You can combine multiple orders (of clothing, as an example) in a single box and you will only be charged for using the Q label based on the weight of the package.

As long as all the items being returned are being sent to the same address (based on category), you will only be charged one Q label, regardless of how many items or separate orders are in the package.

Also, when you do an exchange for a different size/color, you are NOT charged shipping again.  You also are NOT charged shipping if the return is due to damage/defect.

Hope this helps. 

@ErikaShops365

If you exchange an item you ARE charged shipping on the new item, this is why I no longer do exchanges, its quicker to order the new size/color and return the old. I don't mind paying again and waiting for my refund, this is quicker than waiting for Q to get the return, process the exchange and send a new item out, especially since you pay shipping again.

Frequent Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@ErikaShops365 wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

0 - 5 lbs. ($6.95)

5.01 - 10 lbs. ($8.95)

Hope this helps. 

@ErikaShops365

If you exchange an item you ARE charged shipping on the new item, this is why I no longer do exchanges, its quicker to order the new size/color and return the old. I don't mind paying again and waiting for my refund, this is quicker than waiting for Q to get the return, process the exchange and send a new item out, especially since you pay shipping again.

I have exchanged many items recently due to wrong size and I wasn't charged a second shipping cost for any of the returned items.  In fact, I made it a point to chat with customer service...separately...for each item just to be certain.  I watched my billing statements and the ONLY "additional shipping" fee I was charged was for the Q label.

You may want to chat with customer service to find out why you were charged shipping on your exchanges.

Esteemed Contributor

In my opinion, not that anyone wants it, but I think some people have probably abused returns over the years.  I have been shopping for over 23 years and I have returned very few items.  Maybe 4?  If an item is broke or don't work the Q has always paid for the return.  I have a sister that over spends and is always returning stuff.  It is people like her that have caused this to happen in my opinion.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I posted a thread a few months back.....

I titled it   LOVE IT OR RETURN IT...... FOR  9.95....

Most items I return are clothing.
So to have it shipped is 3.00.
Use the return label, it is 6.95.....thus the QVC MOTTO should be LOVE IT OR RETURN IT FOR 9.95!
Clothing brands are inconsistent in sizing.....shoes as well in the WIDE WIDTHS.....so I struggle in sizing at times.

However, I will say.....my QVC shopping and ordering has slowed way down due to them charging  9.95 for shipping to me and returning to them.

Sad but true.