Honored Contributor

@algin wrote:

The re-stocking fee is new; it is additional to the return shipping fee.  I had the same experience as Libby Ann.  This is a wake-up call to check your refund on all returns, and, perhaps, to boycott QVC until this fee is recinded.  They make plenty of money off their customers without this new charge.

There is no restocking fee.  You pay the return s/h fee PLUS you are not refunded the original s/h you paid to have an item sent to you. 

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@CaryH wrote:

Then they should NOT include shipping and handling in an ez pay payment. 1st payment should include ALL S&H charges. That way when we return something they can't keep the original shipping charges as we paid them in full.

If they did that, I would probably shop a little more often from the Q.

NOT TRUE, Evine does not include shipping & handling in their easy pays, you pay the total S&H with the 1st easy pay, however if you return something they do not refund the S&H only the easy pay price of the item. I like that QVC breaks the shipping down into the easy pay payments. Why should they refund S&H fees, we paid to have something shipped to us, they shipped it to us, they fulfilled their part of the contract. Unless defective, its not their fault we are returning it.

While HSN does refund the s/h, they also make you pay the full s/h and tax up front with your first flexpay.  So depending on what you buy, that first flexpay amount can be hefty. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Be sure to check your refunds...   I always send back items via post office and do not use the shipping label. It is USUALLY cheaper not to...but I have twice been charged the return label fee mistakenly so be sure to check!!  

If you return items with your own shipping label, please do not use any of QVC's bar coded labels on the package outside or inside. I just send the bottom return slip with the back sections removed. 

Contributor

Re: Return fees

[ Edited ]

Wow...this is such a rip off QVC! I am a frequent buyer but hearing about these shipping charges makes me think twice ! Most of the other high end companies ship FREE both ways!! I've also noticed lately clothing prices are just getting plain crazy..$50 for a plain tee shirt and maybe an extra $10 if it has pockets!! 

RIDICULOUS!! I'm sure they are loosing a lot of customers !

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why people are having such difficulty understanding this process.  THERE IS NO RESTOCKING FEE.  when you return a item you are not getting your original outgoing shipping refunded.  This has been the policy for over a year now.  So if a item cost $10.00 and with tax it is $11.00 and shipping is $5.00 your total is $16.00.  If you return the item and pay for return shipping yourself you will get a refund of $ 11.00 not $16.00.  If you use the Q prepaid return label your refund will be $4.05 after the cost of the prepaid label is deducted.  Where it does get confusing is if you put the item on Easy Pay because then your shipping cost is spread over the number of Easy Pay amounts.  So if you return a item that was on Easy Pay  they are going to withhold the full amount of the postage they charged you from the Easy pay  refund amount.  For example I buy a item for $100.00 that is on 5 easy pays.  They add tax of say $3.00 and it costs $5.00 in shipping.  Your total amount is 108. 00 divided into 5 payments makes each payment $ 21.60.  I return the item after one Easy Pay has been made and I use the Q prepaid return label to send it back.  My refund is calculated as follows:  $21.60 easy pay made from which they withhold the original full shipping cost of $5.00 and the cost of the prepaid return label of $6.95  leaving me a refund of $9.65 out of the $21.60 I paid them on Easy Pay.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope they are only taking the "remaining" shipping fees when it is EZ pay.  From some of these posts, it doesn't look it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Once again there is no restocking fee.  Original s/h fee is not refunded.  If shipping= $5, then $5 will be deducted from your refund.  It's that simple.  Don't overcomplicate it. Easy pay or not doesn't play a role. You will lose that $5 whether you used easy pay or not.