Respected Contributor

Re: Requesting credit when price lowers a day after you order...

@millieshops wrote:

I've only been shopping with my own money for just over 65 years, but I've never once encountered a business which automatically sends me a refund if the run a sale after I've purchased or ordered.  I've always had to follow up and ask.

Could someone provide a list of companies that automatically give a credit or refund when a price decreases?    

The OP was not saying it should be an automatic credit.  They called up and asked for it!  Price adjustments are extremely common.  Most any retail store will do them for you upon request within a certain time from the purchase date.  The fact that QVC can't manage this is pretty pathetic.  

Honored Contributor

You shouldn't have to wait until the item ships before a price adjustment can be given.  It should be easy enough to do...

Trusted Contributor

@NJBeach  and @Grouchomarx   -  I'm glad you pointed this out to those chiming in here without reading the post and c o m p r e h e n d i n g  what is being said here, otherwise I would have had to!  

Frustrating.....

Esteemed Contributor

Again, many people are missing the point here—if the order has not yet been paid for, there is nothing to credit or refund. Once the item has shipped, the order transaction is complete and the purchase amount will be charged to the account, and that is when money is actually changing hands and available for adjustment.

Trusted Contributor

they walk among us....

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvcI had a wonderful person from corporate call me this afternoon and told me that a customer should not have to wait for it to be billed to receive a credit. She said customer service reps will be instructed to do so. I received a credit now, before the product ships

I wish I wrote her name down since she was really receptive to what I said.  I asked her to read the forums from time to time to see what customers are raising, to have more open communications with customers by posting open letters to customers on their website that outline enhancments in progress. She said it was a great idea and one she will elevate.

Sometimes it takes elevating it to the next level, but I truly believes she listened and understood the need to spend more time on the forums listening to what customers are saying and to have more open communications regarding customer service enhancement initiatives.  I am feeling hopeful!

Esteemed Contributor

@NJBeach - I'm glad to hear that things worked out well for you.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

You shouldn't have to wait until the item ships before a price adjustment can be given.  It should be easy enough to do...

I think the confusion here is in the wording.

As I understand it, once you've ordered something at a set price and the order is being processed, that's a fait accompli.  

Customers are requesting a refund of the price difference.  No retailer (online or B&M) will give you a refund for something for which you have not yet paid (or been charged).  In the case of QVC, until it's been shipped.

Asking that the price be adjusted before your order is shipped and your CC charged is different.

QVC's policy has been to refund the difference for something you purchased and for which the price has dropped within 30 days.  If they wish to change it, that's great.  But I don't think anyone can blame CS for following the set procedures, until and if they're changed.

Honored Contributor

And to others who imply some of the posters on this thread lack comprehension because they have a different point of view - well...you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's rude and uncalled for.

Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

QVC's policy has been to refund the difference for something you purchased and for which the price has dropped within 30 days.  If they wish to change it, that's great.  But I don't think anyone can blame CS for following the set procedures, until and if they're changed.

The person from corporate said my issue is in fact prompting a policy change.  Sometimes it takes speaking out to facilitate change.