Esteemed Contributor

Report on internet issues.

[ Edited ]

Hello mods.  I thought I would pass this information to you.  I always use Chrome when I come here.  I had a question last night and was unable to reach live chat.  I know I can call, or come here, but many people probably don't know that.

This problem has been going on for many months, so I cleared out all cookies and stuff and still was unable to get anyone on live chat.  I tried for the heck of it to try Edge, and I was able to get someone finally.  

So this is a Chrome issue, but since many people use Chrome this may be causing other customers issues.   I thought I would pass this on, so you know and maybe can report this to your technical people.  

Thanks 

Respected Contributor

Re: Report on internet issues.

@BalletBabe wrote:

Hello mods.  I thought I would pass this information to you.  I always use Chrome when I come here.  I had a question last night and was unable to reach live chat.  I know I can call, or come here, but many people probably don't know that.

This problem has been going on for many months, so I cleared out all cookies and stuff and still was unable to get anyone on live chat.  I tried for the heck of it to try Edge, and I was able to get someone finally.  

So this is a Chrome issue, but since many people use Chrome this may be causing other customers issues.   I thought I would pass this on, so you know and maybe can report this to your technical people.  

Thanks 

It may be @BalletBabe as I use Chrome and every time I initiate a chat the connection is lost when the rep attempts to send me the response to my question.  I have since switched to MS Edge and the chat feature works without issues! It would be nice to find out what is causing the issue with the Chrome browser!

Esteemed Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

Thanks 

It may be @BalletBabe as I use Chrome and every time I initiate a chat the connection is lost when the rep attempts to send me the response to my question.  I have since switched to MS Edge and the chat feature works without issues! It would be nice to find out what is causing the issue with the Chrome browser!

@GAQShopr53   Yes that is pretty much same here.  I never actually get anyone as thse dots just keep going by.   I never thought about it being a Chrome issue as that is what I always use on the site.  I have no issues ordering, or chatting in here.  It is just if you want to do live chat that nothing works.   I see no one responded, so maybe they don't care.   So many people use Chrome and like me not think it was Chrome.   Like you I switched to edge and that is how I was able to chat.  I seriously hate edge, which is why I use Chrome for almost everything.  I also am on a laptop, not my phone or Ipad.  There has to be a reason. 

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe I don't care for the Edge browser either... and only use it when there are issues with Chrome...Hopefully, the MODs will get to your question soon!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe and @GAQShopr53, good morning! 🌻     I tried to use the Live Chat with my Mac using Chrome.   Although the chat window will pop up (after I disable a couple of browser extensions that block the pop-up window) I only see the 3 moving dots indicating it was trying to connect, but no matter how long I wait nothing else happens.

For the IT staff to look into this, it will help if you'll post specifically which browser version you're using and which operating system version.   Mine is an older iMac with its most current operating system software (macOS 10.13.6) and my updated Google Chrome is v. 71.0.3578.98.

As far as alternate browsers (it's always a good idea to have at least 2 installed and up-to-date), I'd recommend that you give Firefox a try.

These glitches are frustrating, aren’t they.   I hope some of them can be resolved.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Thank you @dooBdoo...I use several browsers and use the Chrome browser on my Dell Inspiron AMD A8 and have the current version of Chrome: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit); however, this is not the first time there have been chat issues using Chrome.  I am thinking all of the updates on the site are more compatible with the Microsoft Edge browser.  Hopefully, the kinks can be worked out as everyone doesn't use Edge. I have tried the chat on FireFox and it still did not work but worked when using the MS Edge.

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@BalletBabe and @GAQShopr53, good morning! 🌻     I tried to use the Live Chat with my Mac using Chrome.   Although the chat window will pop up (after I disable a couple of browser extensions that block the pop-up window) I only see the 3 moving dots indicating it was trying to connect, but no matter how long I wait nothing else happens.

For the IT staff to look into this, it will help if you'll post specifically which browser version you're using and which operating system version.   Mine is an older iMac with its most current operating system software (macOS 10.13.6) and my updated Google Chrome is v. 71.0.3578.98.

As far as alternate browsers (it's always a good idea to have at least 2 installed and up-to-date), I'd recommend that you give Firefox a try.

These glitches are frustrating, aren’t they.   I hope some of them can be resolved.  

Hi @dooBdoo    Thanks for responding.   I am using the v. 71.0.3578.98.  on a HP laptop. Windows 10.   It just seems odd that I can order and be on the forums and never had a issue.

Yes, I know about the 3 dots---lol.  That is what I get.  It is a shame, because a lot of people are not computer savy.  I feel that I am pretty good with computers, but I guess it didn't click that it was a Chrome issue, since everything works, but the live chat.  

I also have Edge, but I hate it.  I do use Edge when paying my bills, but that is about it.  I was seriously thinking about buying a Mac.  I had to decide between a new car or a new laptop. I chose the car.  LOL

Yes, you are right with the glitches being a pain where I sit.  LOL  Thanks for responding!   I hate to download Firefox, because my laptop is really old.  I do have a ipad, and a desktop.  I think for the curious part, I am going to try to live chat on them and see if it is my computer (or a Q) issue.  I doubt it is my computor since others are having the same issue.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have you tried adjusting your Chrome settings to avoid the built-in pop-up blockers? Even if you can get the window to initially launch, the blockers can interfere with functionality. I'm not sure whether this is the problem in your cases, but it's an easy thing to check:

•In your address bar, enter this: chrome://settings/content/popups

•In the "Allow" section, click the Add button and enter this: https://www.qvc.com

•Close the Settings tab/window, open a new tab/window, and try launching Live Chat.

I'm currently able to use the live chat feature in my Chrome browser without issues, so I don't have a way to test this myself, but perhaps it will help. Good luck!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

Have you tried adjusting your Chrome settings to avoid the built-in pop-up blockers? Even if you can get the window to initially launch, the blockers can interfere with functionality. I'm not sure whether this is the problem in your cases, but it's an easy thing to check:

•In your address bar, enter this: chrome://settings/content/popups

•In the "Allow" section, click the Add button and enter this: https://www.qvc.com

•Close the Settings tab/window, open a new tab/window, and try launching Live Chat.

I'm currently able to use the live chat feature in my Chrome browser without issues, so I don't have a way to test this myself, but perhaps it will help. Good luck!

@loriqvc,   Yes, I have it set to allow.   (Other functions don’t work well here unless it’s set to allow.)  

That’s a great suggestion, however, and might be causing a problem for others.  Thanks for posting it!😀    Take care, everyone.🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova